PDA

View Full Version : New guy.

Christchin910
4/25/2008 6:03pm,
I want to learn some fighting styles and I want it to be something that meets these requirements:

-Mainly, I want it to be something that looks cool and impressive.
-Also, I want it to be something that would be useful in real life situations.
-Striking is way more important to me than grappling. But I am not against a little grappling.

I am interested in a lot of martial arts, but the ones I like the most are:
-Hapkido
-Karate
-Bajiquan
-Jeet Kune Do
etc....

I am not so interested in:
-Aikido
-Judo
-Jiujitsu
-Muay Thai (I really like it, but it isn't as unique or unusual as I would like to learn)

So does anyone have recommendations of martial arts that are similar to the ones I like but did not list?

Thank you very much.

BJJbot
4/25/2008 6:04pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Christchin910. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Christchin910
4/28/2008 9:50pm,
Bump.

pauli
4/28/2008 10:40pm,
welcome to bullshido.

Muay Thai (I really like it, but it isn't as "flashy" or technical as I would like to learn)spinning backfists and flying knees aren't flashy?

i'm not going to touch the bit about technical.

if striking is important to you - and you say it is - muay thai should be at the absolute top of your list.

Christchin910
4/28/2008 10:50pm,
welcome to bullshido.

spinning backfists and flying knees aren't flashy?

i'm not going to touch the bit about technical.

if striking is important to you - and you say it is - muay thai should be at the absolute top of your list.
Sorry, I believe I phrased what I was trying to say wrong.

I really like muay thai, but I meant more along the lines as unique or unusual. I guess that is more what I meant.

I will edit my original post to reflect this.

wikidbounce
4/28/2008 10:55pm,
do you have a list of websites of schools available to you locally?