PDA

View Full Version : Any members near Asheville NC??

Pages : [1] 2 3

studbolt
4/20/2008 3:55pm,
Hey guys I train out in this area and was just wondering if any of you guys go to any of the bjj schools around here.

SifuJason
5/02/2008 12:59pm,
Heya,

We are setting up a TD in Chapel Hill, May 25th. You are more than welcome to come, even you make the drive.

Atlfight
7/15/2008 8:04pm,
Moving to the Asheville area and looking to train. Experience in BJJ, submission grappling and groundfighting -- trained in MMA.

halfcut
7/15/2008 9:39pm,
I'm about 3 hours away. Not martial arts related, but there is an excellent brewery in Asheville.

Zendetta
7/15/2008 9:44pm,
Yeah there is. Salsa's is tight too.

When I lived there in the mid 90's I heard good stuff about Pete Freer in Black Mountain teaching functional JKD/MMA/Kickboxing 'n' Jujutsu type stuff.

Atlfight
7/24/2008 8:52pm,
Thanks for the suggestion about Salsa -- great food!

Zendetta
7/25/2008 2:04pm,
Ooooh! Now that I'm thinking about it, there was a karate/judo/jujutsu school too. I think it was down Merimon Ave. They produce some fighters and local SWAT trains there.

Detritus
1/11/2009 11:18am,
Hey, sorry to do such a bad thread necro, but I go to school out in Asheville, and there's a couple good places to train. Georges Gym is a good boxing gym out in Enka/Candler area, and then there's this good Catch Wrestling school that runs out of WNC Barbell in that same general area. I trained at both at one point in time, but I just got back from South America, so I don't know if those schools are still open, or in the same location.

You might want to send a PM to HappyPanda, I know he used to train at the Catch Wrestling school, and he might have more up-to-date info than me. Hope that helps

angrypirate4428
1/27/2009 8:57pm,
bjj blue belt, just moved to asheville. everything is kind of far for me to drive so anyone interested in training a little bit let me know.

fightclubfreak7
2/12/2009 9:33am,
I just recently started training at Asheville Jujitsu academy. There is also MMA at WNC Barbell in candler (overpriced and primarily catch wrestling based), and Georges Boxing gym in candler. Ive got a decent amount of equpment and matts in my garage and I'm always willing to spar with anyone as long as they are around my weight. Every saturday I usually have a bunch of friends come over and we train, I get a couple friends from the wrestling team, a friend that boxes, another friend that has been doing BJJ longer than me, and its a nice exchange of information. Let me know if anyone is interested in working out with us sometime. We are mostly highschool kids so we are a tad noobish, but we work hard.

angrypirate4428
2/12/2009 9:04pm,
I just recently started training at Asheville Jujitsu academy. There is also MMA at WNC Barbell in candler (overpriced and primarily catch wrestling based), and Georges Boxing gym in candler. Ive got a decent amount of equpment and matts in my garage and I'm always willing to spar with anyone as long as they are around my weight. Every saturday I usually have a bunch of friends come over and we train, I get a couple friends from the wrestling team, a friend that boxes, another friend that has been doing BJJ longer than me, and its a nice exchange of information. Let me know if anyone is interested in working out with us sometime. We are mostly highschool kids so we are a tad noobish, but we work hard.

email me: [email protected]

andrrews
3/15/2009 8:11pm,
my name is andrew. i have been doing BJJ for about a year and a half. call me when you roll, i just moved here and am looking to get back in it. my number is 989-488-9837. call or text me anytime

Happy Panda
4/09/2009 9:46am,
I PM'd fightclubfreak, but he hasn't been on in a couple weeks according to the site. Anyone know how I can get in touch with this group?

angrypirate4428
5/02/2009 11:16am,
i'm looking at forming a bjj club in asheville, either downtown or tunnel rd. area. i've found a couple co-ops that are leasing space a few days a week. i'm not looking to turn a profit out of this, just want to cover the cost of rent. so the more guys training the cheaper it will be for everyone. the places i've found to rent range from $120-160 a month for a few hours a night at 2-3 times a week. if anyone is interested or has any ideas/suggestions email me: [email protected]

Jsoled48
7/23/2009 9:04pm,
I have HS wrestling background and have been training JJ and boxing at Vision MMA in Cincy for a couple months now. I'm probably going to WW (college) near Asheville next year and that WNC barbell place looks like a rip off. 60 bucks for so few classes? anyone know about the instructor there. I hate to be a pain in the rear my first post but I very well make my college decision based on where I can train from that college (i like asheville and i get in state tuition there cuz my dad lives there but if i go to colorado state i can train under a Gracie). again sorry to be a pain but i really need to know about MMA scene around Asheille. thanks in advance -jake

angrypirate4428
7/23/2009 9:21pm,
these are the best in the area:

http://www.myspace.com/ashevillebjj

http://www.wncbjj.com/