PDA

View Full Version : Throwdown for Bullshido Gun People?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lord Skeletor
4/17/2008 10:07pm,
While Bullshido certainly offers the "FIST" tag for those who attend and participate in a "throwdown"---have the Bullshido shooters ever gotten together for such an event. Sorta like a "throwdown---with bullets"? I'd be willing to haul out the arsenal of machineguns, grenade launchers, assault guns, suppressed guns/SBRs, handguns---whatever; assuming we could get some Bullshido shooters to attend and bring their hardware and ammo. We could even turn it into some sort of event where we could blow **** up and grill some steak/seafood/whatever afterwards. It's getting to be the right temperature---what do you guys think?

I'm in south-western Virginia (about 30 mins from Va Tech)---there's a number of public ranges within 2 hours of where I'm at. Is there anyone interested (military/law enforcement/Bullshido shooters) in participating out there? Who knows...we might be able to get Phrost to attend and do some exotic dancin' for us!

vigilus
4/17/2008 10:30pm,
I'd be interested. Been meaning to take a road trip with my bike and I have a month off in either june or july. I wouldn't be able to bring anything across the border though.

mad_malk
4/17/2008 10:50pm,
I would love to do something like that. especially if we can still have some kind of competition as well. Maybe a shoot house :o) I hear there's a place in North Carolina that rents out there facility.

SFGOON
4/17/2008 10:56pm,
OOHHHH YEAH!!!

Just you fuckin' watch, I'm gonna waste ALL you guys!!

I'd say I'd buy beer afterwards, but, you know....

I would however, be willing to pick up the medical bills if I slap a little too hard and hit one of you fuckers in the throat - AND you live...

vigilus
4/17/2008 11:06pm,
I'd say I'd buy beer afterwards, but, you know....american beer is like water and no one would drink it anyways.

Ya you're right.

And what do you mean pick up the medical bills.
Americans have to pay for their own medical emergences?

Fighting Cephalopod
4/17/2008 11:58pm,
I assume a gun-based throwdown would be a paintball game.

Or I guess you could just shoot each other. That would cut down on bandwidth, at least.

Sam Browning
4/17/2008 11:58pm,
I have a private range in Norwich Connecticut we could use. Scrapper's done some shooting there. If necessary we could post pictures.

Lord Skeletor
4/18/2008 12:06am,
I have a private range in Norwich Connecticut we could use. Scrapper's done some shooting there. If necessary we could post pictures.
It's a start--- the "Throwdown with Bullets" certainly wouldn't mean anything like a "paintball game" or whatever---just a meeting where manly men (and women) could get together and blow **** up....perhaps BBQ a beast of some sort afterwards for dinner. While Connecticut might be a bit out of the way (don't you guys have limitations on machineguns/assault guns up there?) for many---perhaps we could come up with a more centralized location?

I dunno...perhaps finding out who could make it...figure out where everyone would be coming from---and then try to pick a location that is centralized for everybody--perferably a state with no restrictions on automatic weapons/assault guns and other tools of badassery. What do you guys think?

Sam Browning
4/18/2008 12:11am,
We're not supposed to have select fire weapons in the state. Of course given that you are an actively serving police officer, that might give you more ability to possess such weapons here.

Wounded Ronin
4/18/2008 12:25am,
I'm all the way over in Nevada. Sniffle. But there's a really beautiful outdoor range, Desert Sportsman, real close to my place.

7thSamurai
4/18/2008 9:18am,
I've got a rifle and pistol range on our property outside of Tyler. I'd be more than happy to have some people come out and shoot.

*I made the assumption that people know Tyler is in Texas.

auschip
4/18/2008 3:58pm,
*I made the assumption that people know Tyler is in Texas.

I don't know about going up to Tyler, but I might drag out some of my toys if we have a TX get together.

7thSamurai
4/18/2008 4:10pm,
I don't know about going up to Tyler, but I might drag out some of my toys if we have a TX get together.

Well, we could always just hit up Reds here in Austin. I just like going to Tyler because the property is out in the middle of nowhere, I can shoot long distances, and nobody can say anything to me.

It's also free.

Ming Loyalist
4/18/2008 5:08pm,
if you're only shooting at targets it's hardly a throwdown. i guess technically if you used paintball guns it might be a throwdown. i think you should get all body-armored up and use live rounds.

you know, just to maintain "aliveness"

7thSamurai
4/18/2008 9:09pm,
Paintball is hardly a throwdown. Nowadays, anyone with the money for an electric marker can essentially throw paint as fast and as accurate as a pro.

However, if you're interested in a competitive shoot, then it's not all that difficult to score. I've got a pistol range with 25 meter markers and a 50m line as well as a 100, 200, and 300m rifle range.

Unless you wanted to throwdown rifle v rifle. In that case, I just got a new case of rds waiting to be opened up.

Lord Skeletor
4/19/2008 6:00am,
if you're only shooting at targets it's hardly a throwdown. i guess technically if you used paintball guns it might be a throwdown. i think you should get all body-armored up and use live rounds.

you know, just to maintain "aliveness"

Well....I guess to be technical, a not all people who attend said "throwdowns" actually participate in an actual "throwdown" worthy of the "fist" tag:fist:---but most of the Bullshido shooters think that shooting is a legitimate martial art in of itself--so getting together to try new weaponry out and blow **** up---hell, that should count for something! :new_uklia