PDA

View Full Version : Marine in the field has a sense of humor

SgtDutch
4/10/2008 1:53pm,
I came across this video and thought it was pretty funny. This Marine is bored at a check point and starts a conversation with an Iraqi cab driver who clearly can't understand him. Check it out. (http://www.qubetv.tv/videos/detail/3483)

Tom .C
4/10/2008 2:30pm,
That was pure funny. Way to go Marine.

Colby
4/10/2008 2:38pm,
The dude was obviously bored, and was probably more that truthful when he told the guy he "just wanted to shoot something". It'd be like doing firewatch out in the sun all day...I'd definately want to shoot something too. Semper Fi man...

SgtDutch
4/10/2008 3:32pm,
Did you take a look at the comments? It didn't take long at all for the interservice brawling to commence! :icon_thum

Colby
4/10/2008 4:02pm,
I love it when people talk out of thier ass...

The whole "POG" explanation was ridiculous. The word is "pogue" from the Irish Gealic and is used to imply that the person with the office job is there because he is an "ass-kisser"...you know from the phrase "Pogue mahone!" This makes a lot of sense because historically, the USMC has had a lot of paddys and micks in the ranks, but now most have no understanding of the original language the phrase derives from.

Echo Unit
4/10/2008 4:16pm,
It's times like this I think I should join up.

Colby
4/10/2008 4:49pm,
We just used to speak complete nonsense when a local was listening in on our conversations (presumably to better thier English). It's harder than it sounds, but the look of puzzled incomprehension on the listeners was priceless.

For example, we would be talking about food or women and the moment we realized somebody was listening in, it go something like this:
Me: "So, pickle lampshade eyebrow. Hamhock Grendle sprocket."
Buddy: "Yeah, but vinegar illusion frosty."

We'd go on until we just string unrealted words together. You have to do it with a straight face though. Doing this in Japan is hilarious.

Rock Ape
4/10/2008 5:21pm,
That fucking iraqi spoke perfect english, they're all fucking CIA agents anyfuckingways,

He just drove off thinking -- Stupid fucking grunt.

OHA !!

AlphaFoxtrot51
4/13/2008 2:10am,
I love it when people talk out of thier ass...

The whole "POG" explanation was ridiculous. The word is "pogue" from the Irish Gealic and is used to imply that the person with the office job is there because he is an "ass-kisser"...you know from the phrase "Pogue mahone!" This makes a lot of sense because historically, the USMC has had a lot of paddys and micks in the ranks, but now most have no understanding of the original language the phrase derives from.

Funny...I spent most of my enlisted time swearing that it mean People Other than Grunt. Aka...FOBBITS

colonelpong2
4/21/2008 3:22am,
[QUOTE=Colby]I love it when people talk out of thier ass...

The whole "POG" explanation was ridiculous. The word is "pogue" from the Irish Gealic and is used to imply that the person with the office job is there because he is an "ass-kisser"...QUOTE]

We used the same term over here in our army. I never knew the origins, but the meaning is consistent. Here it applied to anyone in a non primarily combat trade such as clerks and storemen etc

Wounded Ronin
4/21/2008 2:51pm,
"Vinegar illusion frosty" sounds like a Japanese ice cream flavor.

mrm1775
5/11/2008 1:12am,
Hilarious. You gotta love Marines!