PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Pages : [1] 2 3

Razma
4/08/2008 12:13am,
Now, with respect to the posts within Newbietown pertaining to losing/gaining weight. I would like to know in the demographic of the site, how many people use supplements? I hear a number of people say "You only get so far without them" then describe 'the wall' that some people hit whilst others say "If you have an effective gym plan, you don't need them.... ever".

Does anyone use them if not why? and if so what and how much?

TKDBot
4/08/2008 12:14am,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums Razma... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

wikidbounce
4/08/2008 12:22am,
My mates have used protein-shakes with weight training to get some good results. I've tried them but didn't keep it up for very long. I found vanilla the best to work with because you can add your own flavours for more variety and get into the routine of having it on cereal everymorning after a work-out. Don't think you would get good results without the physical work though.

JarBear
4/08/2008 12:25am,
I take A multi vitamin pack in the morning, not to sure if it helps. I drink a protein shake after every workout, easier then cooking a meal. I find the protein shake helps me out with not feeling as tired after, I usually feel less sore also.

Razma
4/08/2008 12:25am,
My mates have used protein-shakes with weight training to get some good results. I've tried them but didn't keep it up for very long. I found vanilla the best to work with because you can add your own flavours for more variety and get into the routine of having it on cereal everymorning after a work-out. Don't think you would get good results without the physical work though.

That is exactly what my manager is doing atm (Lesh Prasad) he takes Vanilla W-something named supplements and has tried to get me to take them a number of times lol. He told me a number of times because of the high vitamin intake in supplements you have to have a great workout otherwise the vitamins will simply be stored in fat.

Alchemyguy
4/08/2008 12:29am,
I take a weight gain protein supplement, and creatine. I am the classic hard gainer; small build and at 32 can still eat like mad and never gain a pound. My soaking wet weight was 130 lbs for most of my adult life and after a year of weight training and blasting my diet with an extra 1000 calories a day, I've cracked 150.

To be fair, I also spend a good amount of time backpacking in the summer, and that is a high-calorie endeavor. I also rarely eat junk food, so that makes it hard to tub up as well. :D

Edit: Oh yeah, I take fish oil (Omega-3's ftw!) and a glucosamine/msm supplement daily. A multivitamin once a week or so as well.

Razma
4/08/2008 12:33am,
I take a weight gain protein supplement, and creatine. I am the classic hard gainer; small build and at 32 can still eat like mad and never gain a pound. My soaking wet weight was 130 lbs for most of my adult life and after a year of weight training and blasting my diet with an extra 1000 calories a day, I've cracked 150.

To be fair, I also spend a good amount of time backpacking in the summer, and that is a high-calorie endeavor. I also rarely eat junk food, so that makes it hard to tub up as well. :D

Yeah, thats sort of similar to my problem, sure I work out I don't take supplements but I can eat like crazy and not budge an inch, but unfortunately I can work myself as hard as possible but gain very little, and even if I do gain anything, it's usually not noticeable.

thanks for your imput, I'll have to look into this "creatine" unless you'd like to give an explanation of course (not meaning to put you on the spot)

Razma
4/08/2008 12:36am,
I take A multi vitamin pack in the morning, not to sure if it helps. I drink a protein shake after every workout, easier then cooking a meal. I find the protein shake helps me out with not feeling as tired after, I usually feel less sore also.

yeah, i hear you. Myself, I'm not sure if my gym regime is tough enough for me to make an effective jump to start including supplements in my regime. After the mixed results from it, I guess the reason why I ask all this is because I want to know what people are doing, the different degree's of supplements. Are there levels?
Beginner = supplement X
Intermediate = Supplement Y
Expert = Supplement Z

Roidie McDouchebag
4/08/2008 2:26am,
*Whistles Innocently*

Razma
4/08/2008 3:02am,
*Whistles Innocently*

ha ha ha, yeah go on, if you do admit it :5thanks:

Roidie McDouchebag
4/08/2008 3:07am,
~15 lbs~ muscle mass in 28 days. Unlimited anaerobic endurance toward the end of the cycle...next time I'll do it smarter. 23 days until I go back on, if all goes according to plan.

Razma
4/08/2008 3:18am,
~15 lbs~ muscle mass in 28 days. Unlimited anaerobic endurance toward the end of the cycle...next time I'll do it smarter. 23 days until I go back on, if all goes according to plan.

cool 0_0

wikidbounce
4/08/2008 4:05am,
The reason I couldn't stick to the protein shakes is I just love food too much. If I want protein I'll eat a steak.

With my asian background I didn't have steaks growing up so that sorta meal is like a westerner ordering asian food to have something a bit exotic.

I could talk about food all day, but back on topic...

I would hit the protein shakes again If I started on the weights again.

Kambei Shimada
4/08/2008 7:46am,
I used to take a protein supplement when i was weight training a good five times a week.

These days i just eat like a horse. (I need to cut down on the carbs)

Razma
4/08/2008 8:13am,
The reason I couldn't stick to the protein shakes is I just love food too much. If I want protein I'll eat a steak.

With my asian background I didn't have steaks growing up so that sorta meal is like a westerner ordering asian food to have something a bit exotic.

I could talk about food all day, but back on topic...

I would hit the protein shakes again If I started on the weights again.

Hear hear, I'm a hefty eater too but you wouldn't think it by looking at me (a measly 83kg), biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig italian eater too.

Razma
4/08/2008 8:16am,
I used to take a protein supplement when i was weight training a good five times a week.

These days i just eat like a horse. (I need to cut down on the carbs)

Yeah, I can't workout that much either, I hit the gym mondays, tuesdays and thursdays (With uni, work, girlfriend, art projects and an active social life, how can I do it more?) big reason why I have a lot of respect for people that hit the gym and (unlike me) are on the whole committed to looking bulky.