PDA

View Full Version : List of Kukkiwon Master Dans? And Certification process

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

tkd-worker
4/04/2008 9:25pm,
Is there a list I can consult somehwre that has the official list of high dans certified by Kukkiwon? If someone claims a high master dan, how do I confirm that claim myself, and find out who was at the certifying exam?

I have another question too. When someone is certified at that high a level after all of their teachers have passed away, who is it that conducts the exams and certifies them?

Omega Supreme
4/04/2008 10:18pm,
Is there a list I can consult somehwre that has the official list of high dans certified by Kukkiwon? If someone claims a high master dan, how do I confirm that claim myself, and find out who was at the certifying exam?

I have another question too. When someone is certified at that high a level after all of their teachers have passed away, who is it that conducts the exams and certifies them?

Dude you've got a lot to learn about the Kukkiwon. Are you in the US?

DSL
4/04/2008 10:26pm,
It seems new to Taekwondo as well (spelling in style field).

You might check:
http://www.koreataekwondo.org
if you read korean that is.

Otherwise:
http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/english/index.jsp

There's a link on the bottom right that says 'Check for Poom/Dan', that's what you're looking for.

ninjafetus
4/04/2008 10:53pm,
Fair warning: on that second link you have to type in the name EXACTLY as written on the certificate. Even if you give my first and last name, nationality, and birth date, I won't show up. You have to type in my full middle name, since that's how it is on the certificate.

Omega Supreme
4/04/2008 10:58pm,
Fair warning: on that second link you have to type in the name EXACTLY as written on the certificate. Even if you give my first and last name, nationality, and birth date, I won't show up. You have to type in my full middle name, since that's how it is on the certificate.

I'm glad you said it.

tkd-worker
4/04/2008 11:02pm,
That search engine pretty much sucks. What I'm looking for is a list of the highest ranking masters, from 9th dan to 6th dan. Does such a list exist? It seems it should. Would be nice to know who's who. Also, I'm still curious how someone with no master can still test for highers dans. If they operate their own school, who do they go to for certification?

Omega Supreme
4/04/2008 11:07pm,
Dude, answer my original question. Are you in the U.S.?

tkd-worker
4/04/2008 11:38pm,
Yup, in the U.S.

Omega Supreme
4/05/2008 12:05am,
Well usually there's a state group you can go to that coordinates the efforts for promotions and rank verifications. Some of them really suck like CA. But if you find your states group they should be able to answer your inquiries.

Askari
4/05/2008 6:24am,
That search engine pretty much sucks. What I'm looking for is a list of the highest ranking masters, from 9th dan to 6th dan. Does such a list exist?Such a list would comprise about 40,000 pages. Every small town in my area has an 8th dan TKD master teaching out of a 12 by 24 ft room, they are everywhere.

Ronin.74
4/05/2008 10:56am,

Even then it only works if they spelled your name right. I tried to find my name on their list and typed in every variation I could think of and got nothing back. So I dug my card out and discovered that they had spelled my middle name wrong. I was able to find it after that.

tkd-worker
4/05/2008 11:40am,
Such a list would comprise about 40,000 pages. Every small town in my area has an 8th dan TKD master teaching out of a 12 by 24 ft room, they are everywhere.

So who gives these dans, if the master has no living teachers left?

It is Fake
4/05/2008 11:53am,
Your specific Master isn't the only one that can rank someone within a style. If that was the case all arts would cease to exist.

Most styles have people similarly ranked to your teacher/master. You just move on.

tkd-worker
4/05/2008 11:58am,
OK, so a 6th Dan may have to travel to someone else's school they didn't train under and take an exam for seventh dan? And Kukkiwon accepts one master's opinion on such high rankings? That surprises me, I've always thought at that level it should involve a team of people judging the exam.

It is Fake
4/05/2008 12:17pm,
Wow, you are inferring much from my post. My point is you can train under someone else. Teachers die, move, quit, get arrested etc etc etc it is called life.

Also, are you under the impression that each school teaches a completely different form of TKD?

Seriously, unless you go to a different federation why would there be a huge difference?

Your training doesn't end just because life happens. When the others come back they will explain it better. As I understand the higher up you go the more it is about politics not so much techniques.

Omega Supreme
4/05/2008 12:57pm,
OK, so a 6th Dan may have to travel to someone else's school they didn't train under and take an exam for seventh dan? And Kukkiwon accepts one master's opinion on such high rankings? That surprises me, I've always thought at that level it should involve a team of people judging the exam.

Look, I'm not a fan of TKD. I've been in the middle of a lot of bullshit when it comes to stuff in TKD. You are being an asshole with your line of questionings. I suggest you go curl up in the corner and suck your thumb and contemplate the accusations you're insinuating. Then when you become enlightened you'll realize you'll only need some vaseline to remove your head from your ass.