PDA

View Full Version : hello

alucard1
3/30/2008 5:49pm,
hello i am alucard1
i live in the Netherlands
city: rotterdam
my hobbies are: martial arts, rugby, chess, my wife :P :P :P, occult.
i am 19 years old(on april first i will become 20).
i am a little busy to create my own style in the end, but its like a mix of multiple martial arts styles and i am still learning(duh, i want to learn as much as possible).
i just know a little, but i have done martial arts, soon a friend of mine will me learn something about wing chun and maybe i will join the school he gets lessons from(when i have the time again :P ).
i have done when i was younger(but not fully with all of them, i hate school...).
karate, judo, kempo, thaiboxing(from my dad he was i thought also some times netherlands champion thai boxing, his name is Edwin van den Ham, when i have webcam i will make an photo of some trophees he has), i also know a little about ninjitsu, jijitsu, wing chun, and crav maga.
my style when its finished is just as simple as it can be, just win from your oponent without killing him/her, at the most simple and logical way there is. thats why the mixing :P .
i hope i gave enough info about it :P . if anyone have question ask me, i have learned some things and i hope i will also learn here much more about martial arts itself.

GhostOfKimura
3/30/2008 5:50pm,
We knew you could do it! alucard1 posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.

alucard1
3/30/2008 5:56pm,
what do you mean?

Necroyunus
3/30/2008 6:39pm,
Please tell me you are joking...

Vorpal
3/30/2008 6:50pm,
19 and married? What?

Necroyunus
3/30/2008 6:52pm,
a stupid troll...thats what he is

Omega Supreme
3/30/2008 7:47pm,
a stupid troll...thats what he is

Speaking of trolls: You may not troll newbie town. First and only warning.

alucard1
3/31/2008 2:27pm,
one: i dont know whaty everyone mean with trolling even that i have read the rule posts and stuff.
2: why do have people without any reason for knowing me, that they already judge about me...
3: jep i am married at this age so what? in some countrys even younger people are getting married, i have found my love in my life early and i am proud about that...

SuperGuido
3/31/2008 2:56pm,
Naa, the issue isn't you being young and married. Bullshido is very proud of its military members, and many military guys get married young.

The issue people are giving you a hard time with is your statement about creating your own martial art at 19 without a decent amount of experience in any single martial art.

We have to assume you're joking, as this website is designed SPECIFICALLY to root out bogus, ill-designed martial arts and expose them.

If you were to create a martial art with what little knowledge you have (this isn't mean to be an offensive comment!), then we could guarantee that the style would be bogus.

Coming here and stating such would be like exposing yourself as a proponent of Gun Control on a Ted Nugent message board.

Since this is newbietown, I'll assume you are serious and that you simply aren't used to what Bullshido.net is all about.

Instead of looking to create your own style...focus instead on finding a style that more or less covers what you want, and devote your time and effort on that.

For instance, you said, "I want to create a martial art that incapacitates people without killing them."

For this, I would HIGHLY recommend that you find a competent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) is an entire system focused on controlling your opponent without seriously injuring them (though you can if you so chose to). It is a scientific breakdown of the techniques that work and don't work on opponents who actively resist you as hard as you can. As such, you can be sure that most techniques in BJJ will work against someone when you need them to.

BJJ isn't for everyone, though. If you are more of a "Traditionalist", then I would highly recommend Judo. It's tested in competition (so you know it works when someone resists you), and it retains enough "traditional" elements of Japanese culture to appeal to those who are interested in that (whereas BJJ tends to be very "culture neutral" or "Brazilian" themed).

The great news about Judo is that PLENTY of schools are around (especially in Europe), and you can usually find training for cheap.

Before you go any further, realize that the safest way to "Incapacitate someone without killing them" is to control and restrain their body/limbs without having to strike them. This means you have to learn a grappling art (like BJJ or Judo).

Any and all striking arts will carry the inherent risk of seriously damaging someone...and if you're ever sued for a public altercation, a grappling art will allow you to "win" more or less without leaving any lasting damage to your opponent.

The great thing about Judo and BJJ, though, is that you can "flip the switch" and inflict serious, permanent, crippling harm if you need to. Hence, Judo and BJJ are more "street deadly" than many "non competing" arts because the techniques are proven to break your limbs, deprive your brain of oxygen, or toss you on your face.

All you need to do is "not release on tap" and any thug wielding a knife/club/etc...will suffer a serious, crippling injury.

Good luck, and I hope you make the right decisions.