PDA

View Full Version : MMA guys are all thugs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

HonkyTonkMan
3/29/2008 5:44pm,
Last night I went to dinner with my parents and decided to wear my XXGear.com shirt that says "Fighting Solves Everything".

As we were leaving a guy that worked at the restaraunt came up to me and asked me where I got the shirt. I told him and he then began to tell me that he was a Lightweight MMA fighter in the local BANG League. We talked about training and upcoming fights for about twenty minutes. I know his trainer and the school he trains with. He wasnt full of **** or talking out his ass.

This guys name was Thomas, and he was VERY polite, and well spoken. He spoke to my kids, and was a gentleman to my wife.

Afterwards I told my dad who it was and what we were talking about. He said, wow, I would never have figured him for an MMA fighter.

I hate that people have the negative stereotype of MMA and its fighters. Yeah some are thugs, but every sport has them, look at Michael Vick.

I am glad that I met that guy, now my parents know that the stereotype of fighters is all crap.

SuperGuido
3/29/2008 5:52pm,
All it takes is ONE asshole MMA guy.

That's it.

After that, the image will forever be embedded in the person's mind.

Unfortunately, MMA FANS are often a hundred times worse than actual MMA students/fighters. They also outnumber MMA students/fighters, so you're climbing an uphill battle there.

krazy kaju
3/29/2008 6:23pm,
Yeah, it's really a combination of a strongly biased media and a bunch of asshole fans who think they know how to fight.

Goju - Joe
3/29/2008 6:57pm,
MMA fighters ARE all thugs.

That's why when I train MMA I keep an ice pick in my wrestling shoe in case anyone goes overboard and needs a shanking!!!

Squerlli
3/29/2008 7:40pm,
I've actually yet to meet an MMA tough guy. Just TMA tough guys, one life gaurd who thought he knew the jits, and a little 14 yr old kid that was an Aikido tough guy. I've yet to have the experience of some guy in a tapout hoody or affliction shirt talk ****.

The Question
3/29/2008 7:49pm,
I'm an MMA fighter, and I'm a badass thug ************. However, I was a badass thug ************ before I got into MMA.

We can scarcely avoid the inference that MMA and thuggin' are unrelated.

mike321
3/29/2008 8:14pm,
Last night I went to dinner with my parents and decided to wear my XXGear.com shirt that says "Fighting Solves Everything".

Hmmm...can't imagine where the thug image comes from... hmmmm.......not that I don't find the shirt amusing but really, you go around with an intentionally "shocking" shirt and then worry about the image of MMA. Cognitive dissonance?

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/29/2008 8:22pm,
Well I learned from a forum call antiMMA.com that all MMA fighters are unskilled thugs.

syberia
3/29/2008 8:27pm,
Well I learned from a forum call antiMMA.com that all MMA fighters are unskilled thugs.

I thought you heard it from your friend (whose black)?

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/29/2008 8:34pm,
I thought you heard it from your friend (whose black)?

He's black and jewish.

The Question
3/29/2008 8:38pm,
He's black and jewish.

Does that make him bluish? (Blewish)?

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/29/2008 8:42pm,
Does that make him bluish? (Blewish)?

or jwack.

G-Off
3/29/2008 8:48pm,
or jwack.

It just means he only gets his bling on clearance.

ZOMG Racist.

It's ok, I'm jewish, I'm allowed.

syberia
3/29/2008 8:48pm,
or jwack.

Thats Nasty...

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/29/2008 9:09pm,
It just means he only gets his bling on clearance.

ZOMG Racist.

It's ok, I'm jewish, I'm allowed.

I have a jewish friend and a black friend, so I'm allowed. Unfortunatley, I don't know any black jews.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/29/2008 9:10pm,
Thats Nasty...

I try.