PDA

View Full Version : Minor venting, move along, nothing to see here...

Pages : [1] 2

yanta
3/28/2008 8:25am,
So I'm on this fighting email list catering to women fighters in the SCA. And this guy comes on and posts some crap under the subject line "I'm male, a newbie, and I've got a question for the girlfighters." And I'm reading through it thinking 'TROLL' and drafting all sorts of clever responses about what a douchebag he is -- and halfway through I realize I'm not allowed to say 'douchebag' on that list. I can't say 'fucking moron' either, or 'pathetic troll,' or 'attention-seeking pansy who's too much of a ***** to even do hardsuit fighting.' And everyone else on the list writes back these thoughtful responses, and some even wonder if he has Asperger's Syndrome and needs our understanding, and all I am thinking is "hell, no, he's a fucking moron douchebag troll" and wishing I could say so.

So I came here to vent :angry7:

I present:

I started martial arts training when I was about 19 and ever since then from the minute I walked through the door for the first time I had and still have one standing rule: I don't hit women, ever.

I have several activities that I'm interested in, fencing being one of them. But as far as fighting goes, fencing is the best I can do. I'm on SSI disability so there is no way I can ever get into fighting with heavy weapons. But I don't have an interest in that anyway. But I will be able to get a doctor's release to participate in fencing. But therein lies the question.

I will not fight women, ever. I will not practice with women, I will not compete against women, I would not even take training from women. Because to me, to be taught by a woman how to fight is nothing short of humiliating. But I have written a letter to the SCA asking about their view on this. And they told me they have no problem with it, that they don't want anybody male or female to do anything their not comfortable with. The question is, how do you girlfighters feel about this?

If your name is called to fight a man one on one and a man refuses to fight you because he refuses to hit a woman, what are your thoughts? Now it's important that you understand that you cannot offend me with your opinion regardless of what that opinion is. So don't hold back, don't sugarcoat it, tell me exactly what you think. Also feel free to contact me directly by e-mail if you wish. I will reply to all e-mails. And I also want you to know that I am strongly opposed to political correctness or any form of censorship. So if you give me your opinion, give it to me exactly the way You're thinking it.
I'm not going to engage him directly because I don't feed trolls, but I just had to say "fucking moron douchebag troll" in public.

Bullshido to the rescue! I feel better now.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled YMAS assclownery.

~yanta

ronaldk
3/28/2008 9:18am,
hes just trying to get a date.

mrblackmagic
3/28/2008 9:29am,
I'm not going to engage him directly because I don't feed trolls, but I just had to say "fucking moron douchebag troll" in public.

You deny yourself one of life's sweetest joys. Trolls are like e-masochist. They want you to publicly humiliate them. Get your ass back on that forum, tell he's a lame limp dick gimp who does want to challenge a woman because he doesn't want to lose what little dignity he has left as a human being; then link it to this thread for everyone's amusement. Now go. Go!

Squerlli
3/28/2008 9:29am,
Stop fucking bitching, shut the **** up, and go do some push ups.

So some guy you think is an IDIOT doesn't want to fight you or train with you.
HEY GUESS WHAT!? YOU DON'T LIKE HIM ANYWAY SO QUIT FUCKING WHINING!
Why does it matter? What are the odds your going to meet him? Everyones entitled to a god damn opinion no matter how much you disagree with it, and this is some pretty petty ****.

Kempo Chris
3/28/2008 2:59pm,
I don't know whats wrong with this guy, but I love hitting women lol

I came home last night and dinner wasn't ready so I had to put a hurting on the wife

no one should feel bad about hitting women.

ahahahaha

The Question
3/28/2008 3:02pm,
Stop fucking bitching, shut the **** up, and go do some push ups.

So some guy you think is an IDIOT doesn't want to fight you or train with you.
HEY GUESS WHAT!? YOU DON'T LIKE HIM ANYWAY SO QUIT FUCKING WHINING!
Why does it matter? What are the odds your going to meet him? Everyones entitled to a god damn opinion no matter how much you disagree with it, and this is some pretty petty ****.

**** off, Squerlli. It is my job to say that^. ****. Now I have to think of something different to say.

Squerlli
3/28/2008 3:23pm,
**** off, Squerlli. It is my job to say that^. ****. Now I have to think of something different to say.

I love you bro.

p.s. Please beat your woman more often now. Do it with a practice fencing sword.

JohnnyCache
3/28/2008 3:25pm,
Arguing about another SCA guy being a bigger dork is like being a squirrel fur that thinks wolf furs are total fags.

PointyShinyBurn
3/28/2008 3:30pm,
Now I have to think of something different to say.You really don't.

Squerlli
3/28/2008 3:58pm,
Arguing about another SCA guy being a bigger dork is like being a squirrel fur that thinks wolf furs are total fags.

Yes!

wait?...

aaaargh
3/29/2008 1:36am,
I can't stand the term "vent." It's just a euphemism for pissing and moaning. I never heard that term before like 3 years ago, now everybody's "venting" all the time, and you're supposed to listen or else you're not being supportive. "Rant" at least carries some implication that you're off the deep end a bit, whereas "vent" makes it sound like you're some kind of volcano or pressure cooker, and WOAH LET HER VENT OR ELSE THERE MIGHT BE AN EXPLOSION!! Better for everyone involved if we just let her vent. Good for her, venting it out instead of keeping it all bottled up inside, you know that's just not healthy.

I can't stand it.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

syberia
3/29/2008 1:51am,
OP: He's a dick, Move on.

That being said, that sort of metality does annoy me when i meet it IRL. Not that it's bad to be uncomfortable when fighting women, I get that. A gender thing is uncomfy for many people. But this:

Because to me, to be taught by a woman how to fight is nothing short of humiliating.

This is what annoys me.

Please, carry on.

yanta
3/29/2008 2:33am,
OP: He's a dick, Move on. Oh, I know, I'm over it. I was actually more annoyed by the fact that I couldn't call the guy an asshole in that forum -- I'm just spoiled by Bullshido, I guess.

this is some pretty petty ****. Yeah, you're right. I can understand why in a thread titled "Minor venting," the fact that there's a post with some petty bitching in it might come as a surprise. I do appreciate you taking the time to post here and let us know about it.

Arguing about another SCA guy being a bigger dork is like being a squirrel fur that thinks wolf furs are total fags. Heh. I cut out the ramble about how this guy was going to budget his disability payments to cover the membership fee in a few months. Maybe someday he can attain the SCA level of dorkiness, but not quite yet.

Honestly.

I meant it.

Nothing to see here.

Move along...move along...

~yanta

EternalRage
3/29/2008 3:30am,
so-cal area?
street cred association?
sexy chinese asscheeks?

what is sca

Bran Lydster
3/29/2008 4:49am,
Society for Creative Anachronism??

yanta
3/29/2008 6:19am,
Society for Creative Anachronism??
Yes, that SCA, the refuge for LARPers who dress up funny in anachronistic armor and hit each other with sticks.

Although I do know a guy with some sexy chinese asscheeks :spanky:

Um, I mean, uh...never mind.

~yanta