PDA

View Full Version : T.I. makes me feel safe!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

partyboy
3/27/2008 4:00pm,
T.I. pleads guilty to weapons charges

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Rapper T.I. has pleaded guilty to federal weapons possession charges, and is to be sentenced in one year, after completing a period of community service.
T.I. was arrested October 13 on weapons possession charges.

In the year that he is awaiting sentencing, T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, must complete at least 1,000 hours of a total 1,500 hours of community service, talking to youth groups about the pitfalls of guns, gangs and drugs.

The rapper, dressed in a gray business suit, told the judge Thursday he understands the terms of the agreement.

He pleaded guilty to possession of an unregistered firearm, possession of machine guns and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Harris was arrested Oct. 13, just blocks away and hours before he was to headline the BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.

He had been charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon. He had faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.

Harris is one of pop music's most successful artists. His sixth album, "T.I. vs. T.I.P.," was released July 3, debuting at No. 1. He appeared in the 2007 film "American Gangster," which starred Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

Harris was allegedly trying to buy unregistered machine guns and silencers. He initially pleaded not guilty, and has been under house arrest since he was released on $3 million bond Oct. 26.

Harris, co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records, grew up in Atlanta. His first taste of success came with his 2003 album, "Trap Muzik." In 2004, warrants were issued for his arrest on probation violations for a drug conviction, and he was sentenced to three years behind bars.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/27/rapper.arrested.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

I feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that he had all that firepower relatively only blocks from my house....

vigilus
3/27/2008 5:07pm,
So this fucking douchbags max penalty is 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count And he gets 1000 hours of community service?

Way to go. You guys sure love your music stars. maybe he should have been given a 5 car motorcade like Britnay spears when she was brought to the hospital.

Im SURE his speechs to the kids will be sombering when he pulls up in his hummer and driping gold jewelry, I get that will really want kids to stay away from gangsta rappa life

Lord Skeletor
3/27/2008 8:48pm,
This guy is a piece of crap...and having sat for many hours in federal court---I assure you that if it were YOU OR I in possession of illegal machineguns and silencers; we would be rotting in federal prison for at least 20 years. This scumbag goes in with some money...and buys justice. Totally incredible. Our justice system is a joke and we should be collectively ashamed of ourselves.

partyboy
3/27/2008 8:54pm,
the best part is, he's a convicted felon, not even his first offense

Southpaw
3/27/2008 8:57pm,
He won't go a year without getting arrested again.

But ****...yeah...I'd be looking at big numbers if that was me.

Hopefully if nothing else it will prevent TI from making another album and that would be a blessing for everybody.

Embarrassing to see (over and over and over and over again) how you don't have to worry about justice being just as long as you can afford it.

It is Fake
3/27/2008 8:59pm,
Embarrassing to see (over and over and over and over again) how you don't have to worry about justice being just as long as you can afford it.Exactly what I was going to say.

That and this really should be on Sociocide even if it involves gun charges.

Adon4Ever
3/27/2008 9:47pm,
Ahhh, celebrity justice. It's amazing how anybody can say that with a straight face. The 10 years in prison he was facing (cough, cough)... that's just for regular people.

What's too bad about this is how I actually was starting to think that that was actually starting to change. With Paris Hilton actually getting jailed (even though she STILL managed to worm her way out of serving all 45 days), and with Britney Spears losing custody of her kids. But congratulations, justice system... you've restored my faith. Or rather my lack thereof!

Oh well, I'm a gun-owner too (LEGALLY, mind you). With that plus my MA training, I still feel relatively safe.

The Question
3/27/2008 10:36pm,
You guys are all whiny bitches. What makes it worse is that you are whiny bitches who won't read the motherfucking article.

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- Rapper T.I. has pleaded guilty to federal weapons possession charges, and is to be sentenced in one year, after completing a period of community service.
T.I. was arrested October 13 on weapons possession charges.

In the year that he is awaiting sentencing, T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, must complete at least 1,000 hours of a total 1,500 hours of community service, talking to youth groups about the pitfalls of guns, gangs and drugs.
He is to be sentenced in one year. He might get the max. You don't know yet.

Or am I misreading something here? That is always possible.

But I mean, why jump to the conclusion that a year from now he won't be dealt with strongly?

You guys are still whiny bitches anyway.

partyboy
3/27/2008 10:43pm,
so he gets to sit around his house for a year BEFORE he's let off easy, it's still bs

The Question
3/27/2008 10:47pm,
so he gets to sit around his house for a year BEFORE he's let off easy, it's still bs

He hasn't been let off yet. He could still get 5-10. Look what happened to Shyne? Look what happened to City Spud? Let's not jump to conclusions here. He could still get it.

7thSamurai
3/27/2008 11:14pm,
You guys are all whiny bitches. What makes it worse is that you are whiny bitches who won't read the motherfucking article.

Or am I misreading something here? That is always possible.

But I mean, why jump to the conclusion that a year from now he won't be dealt with strongly?

In one year, his lawyer can bury the system in paperwork to keep him out of jail. Also, there is something completely wrong with the fact that you're overlooking his felony history combined with the possession of silencers and an unlicensed machine gun. I don't know many people who are able to own a machine gun.
I'm all about rights of the accused, but he plead guilty to to possession of an unregistered firearm, possession of machine guns and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. So then he's guilty. This one year baby hugging session he gets is to lessen whatever sentence that is metted out to him. Not many people get that chance. I have clients that get railed by the system. They have shitty or no representation. TI's money can buy him enough lawyer power to pull every stop to keep him out of prison.

Gopu
3/28/2008 12:46am,
Wait, why does a civilian need a machine gun and a silencer? Who was he planning to off?

bitparity
3/28/2008 4:13am,
Come on guys, if y'all were rich, wouldn't you expect better legal service? :) Lets not be too hypocritical here...

Southpaw
3/28/2008 9:08am,
Service isn't the same as justice.

It is Fake
3/28/2008 9:20am,
You guys are all whiny bitches.

The fact you keep pointing it out, on multiple threads, means you are a whiny bitch yourself. Doesn't matter when he is sentenced. You wouldn't get the chance to be on probation until sentencing.

The average person with gun charges like these would be in jail until, he was sentenced.

Domite
3/28/2008 9:26am,

Thank god. I read the article wrong too, and was afriad we would all miss his profound, penetrating insight into the world of mixed marital arts that he is in a unique postion to provide as a "team owner" on the Iron Ring show.

KILL THE HEAD, AND THE BODY WILL FOLLOW!