PDA

View Full Version : Bill "Superfoot" Wallace Stomps Sour Grapes when it comes to MMA

Pages : [1] 2

Phrost
3/25/2008 4:14pm,
Forum Bully Oldman34 who is both old and a man (we're assuming), posted this thread (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67860) in our MMA Discussion Forum (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13) about comments given by Bill Wallace in a recent interview in Black Belt Magazine.

Comments include:

Who are these brawlers and wrestlers? They're people who dont have any money to pay for instruction, for one thing. They just want to go out and fight. Before a bout, they love to proclaim "I'm bad, I'm going to beat this guy. This fight wont last a minute." Then they get knocked out becasue they dont know what they are doing.

Staff note: Those are not Bill Wallace's "Super Feet" stomping the presumably not-sour grapes in the image. This is purely an attempt at a visual representation of "feet" and "sour grapes" that are being figuratively stomped by Mr. Wallace as we content that he's being deciedly "Not Super", feet or otherwise, over this entire matter.

Or maybe he was just "SuperMisquoted".

bobyclumsyninja
3/26/2008 12:11am,
Bill was a great karate point and full contact fighter...but would get superpwned now or then, by even a moderately decent mma fighter.

Things have evolved....

TheMightyMcClaw
3/26/2008 12:30am,
Wait a sec....
Wasn't Superfoot a commentator on one of the early UFC's?

TheMightyMcClaw
3/26/2008 12:32am,
Yes, yes he was:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]JubPpUnjIDw

krazy kaju
3/26/2008 11:05am,
Wait a sec....
Wasn't Superfoot a commentator on one of the early UFC's?

Dude.

Look at oldman's thread. It's already well established there that Superfoot was the UFC I commentator.

Good vid though.

MuayThaiBri67
3/26/2008 8:36pm,
I remember in the early UFC days how he said the reason the grapplers were doing so well in the UFC was because of the foam padding on the octagon floor made it difficult to throw kicks. I think he just throws this stuff out there from time to time to say "Hey, I'm still around, and I have an opinion".

Phrost
3/26/2008 8:41pm,
I remember in the early UFC days how he said the reason the grapplers were doing so well in the UFC was because of the foam padding on the octagon floor made it difficult to throw kicks. I think he just throws this stuff out there from time to time to say "Hey, I'm still around, and I have an opinion".

Actually, this is what I chock it up as:

http://www.bullshido.org/Old_Buck_Syndrome

Holy Moment
3/26/2008 9:19pm,
I read in Clyde Gentry's "No Holds Barred" book that the UFC staff was astounded by how many anti-UFC articles Bill Wallace was putting out there and how fast he got them out there after his night as a commentator. He's been hating on the UFC for years, but possibly at different intervals. I've read BB articles where he's talked about the UFC in a rather neutral tone; perhaps his rantings are self serving?

By the way, I like this old interview with Ron Van Clief, taken right after he fought Gracie in UFC 4. He talks about how all the old kickboxers were hating on the UFC and were too worried about their rep to compete. After reading this, I have to say Van Clief rules compared to Bill Wallace:

http://www.mawn.net/ki9.htm

superstud
3/26/2008 9:33pm,
do you guys think it's funny to ridicule special needs people? its obvious this man is retarded, you should be ashamed of yourselves. he was a champion because when he gets angry he gains the strength of 6 men, just like chris leben. its called retard strength. dont **** with it.

Holy Moment
3/26/2008 9:41pm,
its called retard strength.

Bill Wallace doesn't qualify for retard strength anymore. He's still retarded, don't get me wrong, but past the age of 35 and you only qualify for old man strength. And I doubt he's gotten it.

bobyclumsyninja
3/26/2008 10:02pm,
Van Clief is the fucking man....what a great attitude.

If you're a master, and you're not in a wheelchair or on crutches, you should be out there! Bill, Joe, Benny! You guys are missing a great experience!

.... And I'll tell you something else for certain: until they do step into the Octagon themselves, they are in no position to criticize anyone. When it comes to the UFC, there are only two categories of fighters: those who speak from experience, and those who speak from ignorance.

Van Pwned

DSL
3/26/2008 10:15pm,
Bill Wallace doesn't qualify for retard strength anymore. He's still retarded, don't get me wrong, but past the age of 35 and you only qualify for old man strength. And I doubt he's gotten it.
Actually, I went to a workout with him last summer, the guy was in phenomenal shape (titanium hip and two titanium knees). His stand-up stuff is good, he's got good boxing from what I saw. But most of his 'stuff' is geared towards point or kickboxing style (no surprise).

He seemed pretty open-minded about things, maybe the article just caught him on a bad day, or they might have edited it to show what they wanted... or he could just be bitter. No idea.

If he comes out again this year I'll see if I can sit down and bs with him on it.

variance
3/27/2008 6:40am,
I read in Clyde Gentry's "No Holds Barred" book that the UFC staff was astounded by how many anti-UFC articles Bill Wallace was putting out there and how fast he got them out there after his night as a commentator. He's been hating on the UFC for years, but possibly at different intervals. I've read BB articles where he's talked about the UFC in a rather neutral tone; perhaps his rantings are self serving?

By the way, I like this old interview with Ron Van Clief, taken right after he fought Gracie in UFC 4. He talks about how all the old kickboxers were hating on the UFC and were too worried about their rep to compete. After reading this, I have to say Van Clief rules compared to Bill Wallace:

http://www.mawn.net/ki9.htm

Judging from that interview,

that ladies and gentleman is a true "master"

Truculent Sheep
3/28/2008 1:40pm,
Judging from that interview,

that ladies and gentleman is a true "master"

I remember watching a documentary* on him at the time - he struck me as a very reasonable, nice man. Millions of miles away from most up-their-own arse drama queen TMA'ers, of course.

* Actually a clip from Channel 4's Badass TV, a show in the mid-90s co-hosted by Ice T.

yodaman
3/29/2008 4:50pm,
Mwahh, mwahh, mwahh. Bill Wallace is so two-faced in regards to MMA that's it not even funny. One second he's praising it, the next he's bashing it.

It's also funny (and stupid) that half of Black Belt's MMA issues articles were anti-MMA.

tyciol
4/02/2008 4:23pm,
He could have a point about kicking on the foam though, is anyone here good at kicking and tried different surfaces to find out?

Thing is... most dojos tend to train on padded floors anyway so you'd think you'd be right at home...