PDA

View Full Version : HALP! LEO BACKGROUNDING!

Pages : [1] 2

SFGOON
3/22/2008 12:33pm,
I go in for it later next week.

I'm scared because I have a lot of stupid **** on my credit that's falling off in April, and I've pulled a lot of malicious yet ultimately harmless pranks as a young asshole and as a soldier.

I also got fired from a job a year and a half ago because a co-worker was dishonest with a client of mine.

My wife occasionally does web design for adult web sites - ****, forgot to put that in my packet. **** **** ****!

How do I conduct myself during this thing so I don't DQ myself? I REALLY want to work for this agency, and not getting hired would break my fucking heart. No sarcasm, honest truth.

Already passed testing an oral boards, took the written psyche exam, and the PT test.

superstud
3/22/2008 12:38pm,
bong hits

SFGOON
3/22/2008 12:42pm,
You're weak. Bong hits? With all the MDMA, DMT, and Ketamine floating around? You're stuck in the 70's maaaaannn. Doing your daddy's drugs, duuuuuude. Get with the times, brah!

Neildo
3/22/2008 2:03pm,
ex-military should basically guarantee entry, but i've heard it's pretty much don't ask, don't tell around here. i suppose it's different in amerika with their super paranoid LE agencies....

Rock Ape
3/22/2008 2:08pm,
Goon...

Can I have you wife's number.. I need help with a couple of passwords.

Rock Ape
3/22/2008 2:09pm,
Oh and good luck with the LEO thing mate.

Mas
3/22/2008 2:09pm,
You're golden man, the oral boards and the psyches + the military background.

No problem, LE agencies in the US froth at the mouth to get guys from the military.

Rock Ape
3/22/2008 2:11pm,
Not wishing to derail Goon's question but, if I wanted to join a US LE agency what would I need to do ?

Phoenix
3/22/2008 2:34pm,
I go in for it later next week.

I'm scared because I have a lot of stupid **** on my credit that's falling off in April, and I've pulled a lot of malicious yet ultimately harmless pranks as a young asshole and as a soldier.

I also got fired from a job a year and a half ago because a co-worker was dishonest with a client of mine.

My wife occasionally does web design for adult web sites - ****, forgot to put that in my packet. **** **** ****!

How do I conduct myself during this thing so I don't DQ myself? I REALLY want to work for this agency, and not getting hired would break my fucking heart. No sarcasm, honest truth.

Already passed testing an oral boards, took the written psyche exam, and the PT test.

Aw, hell....you'll do fine, Goon.

Just be frank and honest with them. If they ask you a question, answer it. Don't give them any more information than what they've asked for, BUT don't give them any less.

These guys don't really care too much about what you've done in your youth or your past (unless it's REALLY bad), but they do want to see how you've matured since then and they want to see how you act under pressure.

Make no mistake...these guys will probably grill you quite a bit. Just keep your cool and you'll do just fine.

Good luck, buddy.

Neildo
3/23/2008 2:23am,
Don't they do harsh interrogation training in Special Forces? Just revert to that.

Wounded Ronin
3/23/2008 3:37pm,
Ha ha, they bust out the SERE counter interrogation training stuff as an entry interview component.

theotherserge
3/23/2008 5:04pm,
Not wishing to derail Goon's question but, if I wanted to join a US LE agency what would I need to do ?
Have a friend who used to be a Mick then "moved up". He had to get citizenship first. Applies to even local police. It's in my head that you don't have to be a citizen to be a Fireman, but you have to be if you're going for LEO.

Goon might have an extra sister/sister-in-law/niece laying around. Eh?

this is the standard issue link, there might be more info you can sort out from there:

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos160.htm

And SFGoon, joking aside, did you get any answers? I have a student that is a detective and does statewide work, I could ask him about backgrounding. Trouble is, it can vary by state and even locality but what Phoenix says ^^jibes with my understanding of the process.

SFGOON
3/23/2008 5:22pm,
I got a lot of good PMs on it, actually. My plan is to be totally honest. They should hire me.

Cullion
3/23/2008 5:34pm,
Don't crack jokes about killing people. Unless it's the BATF, I think they're into that.

Don't brag about the finely-honed reflexes you have when in that operant-conditioned 'killing trance'.

Don't show them your necklace of little dried ears.

Don't tell them that you'd 'turn on your commanding officers and slaughter them like squealing piggies' if ordered to do something which you believed breached the constitutional rights of US citizens.

theotherserge
3/23/2008 5:43pm,
Don't crack jokes about killing people. Unless it's the BATF, I think they're into that.

Don't brag about the finely-honed reflexes you have when in that operant-conditioned 'killing trance'.

Don't show them your necklace of little dried ears.

Don't tell them that you'd 'turn on your commanding officers and slaughter them like squealing piggies' if ordered to do something which you believed breached the constitutional rights of US citizens.

goddamned LULZ! What no +rep here?

SFGOON
3/23/2008 6:25pm,

I never said that.