PDA

View Full Version : Hands of Stone

Pages : [1] 2

Ronin
11/14/2003 7:57am,
No, this thread isn't about me :D

Mas Oyama, knocked bulls to their knees with reverse punches and chopped of their horns with a knife hand, yes the horns had already been a littel PRE CUT, but have you seen anyone do that other than him?

Tak Kubota, as a youth in a slaughterhouse, he used to punch and hammerfist hogs.

Chojun Miyagi, would drive his fingers as a sprear hand ( nukite) in the sides of hanging beef at the local slaughter house, could also rip apart, by pulling, bamboo sticks.

Robert Duran ( former lightweight boxing champion) used to knock out horse with 1 punch in his homeland of Panama ( hince his nickname Manos di Piedra).

anyone else ??

Ronin
11/14/2003 8:07am,
The scene in Rocky, where he puts the beats to a side of beef ?
I heard that Marciano used to do that too...

Ronin
11/14/2003 8:24am,
you sick bastard !!!!!!!!!
I agree with you by the way :)

Greg
11/14/2003 8:39am,
I would not recommend that type of training. Itís far too dangerous.

Ronin
11/14/2003 8:48am,
Yeah, guys who squeese your hand HARD say its a FIRM handshake, yeah right, its an attempt at intimidation from the start and a pathetic one at that.
I have shaken hands with: Kubota, Blumming, Yamashita, and Lennox Lewis, to name a few, they all had nice , firm, handshake, not a "squeezer" amongst them.
I guess when the world knows your a badass, you don't need to TELL it or Show it.

Greg
11/14/2003 9:07am,
Sorry Master Greg.:P

No seriously, you could go blind.

kismasher
11/14/2003 9:12am,
Originally posted by ronin69
Yeah, guys who squeese your hand HARD say its a FIRM handshake, yeah right, its an attempt at intimidation from the start and a pathetic one at that.
I have shaken hands with: Kubota, Blumming, Yamashita, and Lennox Lewis, to name a few, they all had nice , firm, handshake, not a "squeezer" amongst them.
I guess when the world knows your a badass, you don't need to TELL it or Show it.

you should've called lennox a ***** and slapped him. just kidding, lennox is one of my alltime fav's, gush.

on topic, i watched a MA special on discovery channel a while back. they had an old okinawan man and his son on there. the old man was breaking boards using a crane's beak strike. one board took him 3 tries. on the second try you could tell he was getting upset with himself so he really threw on the last one and his fingers went through like butter. of course his fingers were all mangled from years of this.

Greg
11/14/2003 9:25am,
Beating your meat all the time.

Nid
11/14/2003 11:43am,
Conan the Barbarian knocked out both a horse and a camel in the sequal "Conan the Destroyer."

Ronin
11/14/2003 11:48am,
Real Life please....

kismasher
11/14/2003 12:07pm,
i have personally knocked several holes in wall and doors.

what's up now mofo's?

Rigante
11/14/2003 2:32pm,
When I was in my late teens (which is longer ago then I care to admit)I was kicked by a steer and knocked down. I was so pissed I kicked it back with my cowboy boots in the stomach and it fell to the ground. Then I was worried I might have killed the damn steer, and then the **** would really have hit the fan with my father. Fortunately after a couple of minutes it got up and walked away. My guess is a lucky kick (lucky for me, unlucky for the steer)

ninjandrew
11/15/2003 1:42pm,
Johnny Cash knocked an ostrich the **** out.

ninjandrew
11/15/2003 1:47pm,
Oh yeah, bu the ostrich wrecked his ribs...

THAN he knocked its ass out.

Spunky
11/15/2003 2:43pm,
Toshitsugu Takamatsu... I mentioned him in the pics of the masters thread. He's said to have broken small rocks with a strike from his little finger, effortlessly driven holes into and torn off tree bark with a five-finger-drive strike. Supposedly the founder of one the schools Takamatsu was soke to could break a sword blade with his punch. Takamatsu told Hatsumi soke however that the conditioning to do this is unecessary, that it is better to be sensitive in the hands. Strike conditioning should focus on strengthening the fists internally (connective tissues and joints) but not damage the surface.

I was told that the nerve endings most closely related to sight are in the fingertips. Perhaps it would make you go blind :)

NorwoodBloke
11/15/2003 7:19pm,
I have personal knocked out a cat, two weasels and a small badger.

I am hoping to move up to larger animals, although I may have sneak up on them or use nunchuks.