PDA

View Full Version : Has Rorion Gracie gone McDojo? Dr. 90210 gets a Blue Belt (Vid included)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Te(V)plar
3/11/2008 5:29pm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFK7wxxIjeU&feature=related

:jerkit2yf

This was posted on the dog a few days ago, so pardon me if this was posted and I missed it on here. Basically, the jerkoff doc from Dr. 90210 (an avid TKD guy... who even likes to show off how hardcore that training is by showing off his toenail bruise) goes through the pussiest bluebelt test for a BJJ belt I've ever seen. The doc uses his Jiu JitsOH to assert he is a martial warrior and duck .0005 mph looping punches to score a half-baked takedown and get a sub on a fully compliant Gracie wearing boxing gloves. Rorion proudly sprays **** all over the collective BJJ community by then awarding a blue belt to this toolbox in recognition for all of the free advertisement. To top it all off, the Doc has the balls to bring his wife and kids to the test (a minor point, but I hope the producers prompted this). The only redeeming thing about this vid is the doc's wife going on and on and on and on about how bad she wants to get tag-teamed by the Gracies.

Lebell
3/11/2008 5:47pm,
blue belt in 6 months...wasnt that henry akins in the background?
could be wrong.

Roidie McDouchebag
3/11/2008 7:17pm,
Good old Whorian.

Tenebrous
3/11/2008 9:57pm,
Holy ****. If a camera crew followed me around I could have a brown belt by now... The worst crime is that this furthers the douchebag's delusions that he's any sort of authority on anything combat.

And whoever convinced himself to wear that suit is an utter bastard.

Teh El Macho
3/11/2008 10:01pm,
It's Rorion, what else could one expect?

All Douchebag 90210 needs to do is fight a r34l blue belt and see what happens :)

EternalRage
3/11/2008 10:01pm,
6 months. Unbelievable.

And he even admits that he doesn't have that much time to train.

Can't imagine how much mat time he's got.

Hex
3/11/2008 10:07pm,
My wife watches this show, and I remember being in the room when this episode was on.

Even worse, it appears that the Gracie Academy released this footage on YouTube themselves. Did they think it would be good publicity for them?

Tenebrous
3/11/2008 10:24pm,
My wife watches this show, and I remember being in the room when this episode was on.

Even worse, it appears that the Gracie Academy released this footage on YouTube themselves. Did they think it would be good publicity for them?

I think they want more douchebags with money like him, people who already train aren't their target audience.

Snake Plissken
3/11/2008 10:49pm,
well it will certainly chase more money their way

Squerlli
3/11/2008 10:50pm,
I think they want more douchebags with money like him, people who already train aren't their target audience.

This is teh korrekt.

Vince Tortelli
3/11/2008 10:51pm,
I've seen worse blue belts. Hell, I've rolled with worse blue belts.

artard
3/12/2008 12:15am,
what the ****, that first haymaker punch the dude threw was like a throwback to my 1 step sparring days

Pandinha
3/12/2008 12:49am,
I watched that video with some sadness. Ryron and Rener look the same. Rorion looks younger actually. hrmmmm...

I don't know how many times I tapped on that mat. I remember the first time I tapped out someone, with an americana, it was in that room. Before the cage was built and put up. I remember the hours spent there with fond memories.

That video just destroyed all of those fond memories.

Tenebrous
3/12/2008 12:50am,
I've seen worse blue belts. Hell, I've rolled with worse blue belts.

Where was this?

Roidie McDouchebag
3/12/2008 2:30am,
How come you were never able to buy yourself a blue off them, Anthony?

hpr
3/12/2008 2:55am,
Obviously he didn't have a camera crew following him around.

Holy **** that was crappy. I'd love to see him roll with blue belts from my gym. Destruction of ego.. beautiful.