PDA

View Full Version : Chi

Pages : [1] 2

gcrittendon
3/08/2008 3:39pm,
Hi everyone, I new to the Bullshido site, so please bare with me. I was wondering about the have you guys ever done and investigation on the Chi techniques that are suppose to be linked to Martial Arts? I saw a link that was on Youtube.com where a so called "Chi" Sensi was obilterated by a Mix Martial Arts. I felt more for his students than for him. Here is the link to the video that I mention: http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I)

BJJbot
3/08/2008 3:40pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, gcrittendon. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

TKDBot
3/08/2008 3:40pm,
So gcrittendon, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

Kentucky Fried Chokin
3/08/2008 3:45pm,
We're very familiar with this video and the general concensus on this site is that Chi is a bunch of bullshit, but to my knowledge there hasn't been a formal investigation. It's usually people or gyms that get investigated, not theories or beleifs, although those get argued over a lot.

BOXMAN
3/08/2008 3:45pm,
That WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!

It looks like the Chi got got in some solid blows but the MMA guy was tough and fought on after being rocked by those chi shots early.

Hilarious.

JKDChick
3/08/2008 3:47pm,
That video is of the usual stuff, a bunch of compliant students making sensei look good. Chi is garbage, a pseudo-mystical way of saying things that can be said more simply.

Train hard, and ignore people who claim they can knock you out without touching you.

BOXMAN
3/08/2008 6:51pm,
That video is of the usual stuff, a bunch of compliant students making sensei look good. Chi is garbage, a pseudo-mystical way of saying things that can be said more simply.

Train hard, and ignore people who claim they can knock you out without touching you.

I understand being compliant but there has to be a better term for what they are doing. They are literally flipping without being touched.

Southpaw
3/08/2008 9:12pm,
There is a better term for it....Acting!

Anton_Chigurh
3/08/2008 9:19pm,
Dont misunderestimagate the oarsome power of chi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ6yLod5Eg

BOXMAN
3/08/2008 9:59pm,
OK, now I want a serious answer. What the hell is this? What possesses these student to go crazy like that? Is it that they think it would really work if Sifu would really administor it? Are the actual believers or are they in on it too?

Rivington
3/08/2008 10:56pm,
OK, now I want a serious answer. What the hell is this? What possesses these student to go crazy like that?

You may as well ask what possesses people to send their money to TV preachers or to line up every Sunday for a sip of wine some guy in a dress insists is blood.

BOXMAN
3/08/2008 11:02pm,
Are the students doing flips without being hit because they BELIEVE if their Sifu really did it that WOULD happen or are they in on the scam WITH the Sifu?

3moose1
3/08/2008 11:37pm,
Well, i mean, they may actually believe it works. There is a youtube of this guy's dojo getting investigated by fox news. His students are getting no-touch knocked out, and the medical evidence was consistent with actual unconcsiousness, but when he coudln't knock out teh reporter.

Mind over matter. Have you ever seen the Punisher, when he has the guy upside down, and is describing wahts gonna happen when he puts the "blowtorch" on his back, the guy screams.

I've seen it done in real life. You convince someone your going to burn their back, go on and on, really get it in their mind, then you touch it (we used ice) they'll scream, and the skin will blister...till you show them the ice cube, then it'll all go away.

Its all mind over matter, man.

Rivington
3/08/2008 11:44pm,
Are the students doing flips without being hit because they BELIEVE if their Sifu really did it that WOULD happen or are they in on the scam WITH the Sifu?

Elements of both, just like any other form of religion.

Anton_Chigurh
3/08/2008 11:54pm,
Its all mind over matter, man.

I guess it must be the same part of the mind that decided to buy the LOTR boxed dvd set instead of ripping it that makes them jump around like they were Smeagol and just had the One Ring resized to fit their cock

3moose1
3/09/2008 12:54am,
I guess it must be the same part of the mind that decided to buy the LOTR boxed dvd set instead of ripping it that makes them jump around like they were Smeagol and just had the One Ring resized to fit their cock

Anyone who bought the LOTR boxed dvd set doesn't need the One Ring to resized to fit their cock.

its already small enough.