PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

xvpaladinvx
3/04/2008 2:52pm,
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself here. I stumbled on this thread reading through wikipedia because i am a big fan of Karl Gotch and Gene Lebell and i read the letter from Karl Gotch negating Matt Furey and it is kind of sickening seeing Matt Furey ripping people off and making false claims. I am fan of MMA that is not from the new mainstream bandwagon because i still remember UFC in the olden days with Frank Shamrock, Ron Waterman, and many other old fighters. I will try to post regularly and be a common here on the forum hoping to make some friends and if anyone is interested i can make simple forum signatures.

Cheers.

edit: Hey Omega, i did not know you are on this forum, its Nate( the filipino) haha ill stop by your place and say hi

AikidoBot
3/04/2008 2:53pm,
Welcome aboard, xvpaladinvx! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

ignatzami
3/04/2008 2:59pm,
Any martial arts experience?

Big Dozer
3/04/2008 3:08pm,
Welcome to Bullshido...I love you?

xvpaladinvx
3/04/2008 5:11pm,
Any martial arts experience?

If i am thinking correctly, I was at Omega's gym for a little but i had to stop due to school and finance. I follow the commercial mma scene because i am interested in Journalism.

Omega Supreme
3/04/2008 6:06pm,
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself here. I stumbled on this thread reading through wikipedia because i am a big fan of Karl Gotch and Gene Lebell and i read the letter from Karl Gotch negating Matt Furey and it is kind of sickening seeing Matt Furey ripping people off and making false claims. I am fan of MMA that is not from the new mainstream bandwagon because i still remember UFC in the olden days with Frank Shamrock, Ron Waterman, and many other old fighters. I will try to post regularly and be a common here on the forum hoping to make some friends and if anyone is interested i can make simple forum signatures.

Cheers.

edit: Hey Omega, i did not know you are on this forum, its Nate( the filipino) haha ill stop by your place and say hi

Oh, I'm so going to beat on you. I was just in Madam Lu's yesterday and I was thinking about you. (and how you stink like poop).

xvpaladinvx
3/05/2008 2:18am,
hahaha. I will come by and say hi on Thursday after class. I will see if i can come in for good and i promise no flaking.

slideyfoot
3/05/2008 4:22am,
Welcome to Bullshido!

I am fan of MMA that is not from the new mainstream bandwagon because i still remember UFC in the olden days with Frank Shamrock, Ron Waterman, and many other old fighters. I will try to post regularly and be a common here on the forum hoping to make some friends and if anyone is interested i can make simple forum signatures.
Cool - any podcasts you'd recommend? My favourite is probably Eddie Goldman's show (http://nhbnews.podomatic.com/), though he can get a bit vituperative at times. However, he's also one of the few people podcasting who was around from the start (I guess Fight Opinion (http://feeds.feedburner.com/fightopinionradio) would be another, though I'm not sure they go back quite that far), and his guests are often people from the old days, like Meyrowitz and Phyllis Lee, or indeed the two fighters you just mentioned. Hence why he's done a few episodes on YAMMA recently, as that's apparently an attempt to return to the SEG era of the UFC, albeit with the new rules.