PDA

View Full Version : MMA on terrestrial British TV

ty5
3/04/2008 12:29pm,
ITV 4 will show Cage Gladiators VII on May the 18th

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a90706/itv4-to-air-cage-fighting-tournament.html?rss

As far as I know this is the first time a full MMA show has been broadcast on terrestrial UK TV (excluding satellite/cable).

I don't know much about Cage Gladiators though, does anyone else?

When I was at a local MMA event last Saturday (Ultimate Warrior Challenge) they had people from the BBC filming, but that was probably just for a part of another programe. I can't see the BBC showing full MMA events yet.

sochin101
3/04/2008 12:38pm,
The BBC were probably there as part of their up-coming special "HUMAN COCK-FIGHTING - MMA IS THE LABOUR GOVERNMENT'S WAY OF KILLING POLISH BABIES AND OFFENDING ISLAM".
Or some such equally righteous journalistic endeavour.

Wankers. Squandering my licence fee on ****.

The only possibility that MMA gets shown on the BBC is if it stays cheap enough for them to buy the rights to.

nastyned
3/04/2008 12:55pm,
I've never heard of Cage Gladiators.

sochin101
3/04/2008 1:00pm,
I've never heard of Cage Gladiators.
http://www.cagegladiators.tv/home.php
Now you can read about them :-)

Odacon
3/04/2008 1:31pm,
BBC 2 were at my fight on Saturday. Probably for a documentary.

ty5
3/04/2008 5:57pm,
The BBC bloke who was filming at Southend was a scruffy sort with a very small camera, so no doubt it is for just a part of another programe, hopefully not the OMGSOBRUTALCAGEFITING!!1!1 variety because it was quite a good event.

Jadonblade
3/04/2008 6:20pm,
I noticed sky sports 3 is gonna show the new cage rage. Good for the sport I guess, hope it will be a good organisation.

sochin101
3/05/2008 2:30am,
I noticed sky sports 3 is gonna show the new cage rage. Good for the sport I guess, hope it will be a good organisation.
Does that mean I don't have to put up with 1970's wrasslin' while I'm wating to watch MMA, like I have to on the Fight Network (or whatever it's called this week)?