PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Throwdown Runoff

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Boyd
2/28/2008 1:03am,
It was really good rolling with guys from other clubs, they did different things then the guys from my club normally do. I tapped all over and it was a good experience! I didn't have time to do any striking as I got started a bit late.
Hmmm yeah, I need to keep my hips lower in side mount.

No, you need to go to a real school and train instead of having monthly circlejerks with your Internet buddies and exchange bland, useless pleasantries like "I need to something something hips".

Christ, faggots like you are the worst thing to ever happen to this sport. If you want to be a spectator, fine. Grappling's not for everyone. But I'm ashamed, literally ashamed Jorai, to participate in a sport overrun by people like you, who think they can show up to one half-assed training session a month and speak with the easy confidence of someone who trains.

This isn't hyperbole, this isn't me being cute, this isn't Internet Flaming: get the **** out of my sport.

Hedgehogey
2/28/2008 1:37am,
Things which happen in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrhQpC7svY), not neccesarily in chronological order:

-RM basically stands out of side control.

-Pizdoff does basically the same thing because RM leaves a full three feet of space under his hips while walking to north-south

-Pizdoff plays butterfly flat on his back, causing RM to squat and succesfully passes because of it

-RM gives up bully mount by going for a pointless spin

-Pizdoff just kind of falls over trying to double leg because he didn't expect to have to lift RM's weight or RM to WALK FORWARD

-pizdoff keeps forgetting when to stop spinning and start pressing so he makes the armbar actively worse twice

Boyd
2/28/2008 2:09am,
It'd probably be better for that psuedo-injury you've been nursing the past five years.

Ke?poFist
2/28/2008 6:05am,
Are we now flaming people for not living up to our own personal standards? Is there a list of criteria for such assessments? Does such a list apply for sucky striking committed by those who lack striking training but still had the balls to jump in the ring and bang?

Goju - Joe
2/28/2008 6:31am,
I wasn't going to comment on Boyd's statement cause it was so apparently stupid.

But I am weak

Piz does train at one of Canada's top gyms. Weather he sucks or not or should be better or not is completely irrelevant.

If I had done Judo instead of Aikido and BJJ instead of trad JJ I would be way better than I am now. So what?

If Piz was making tons of grappling critiques or teaching you would have a point but he isn't and you don't.

So in short - FAK OOOFFF

AeroChica
2/28/2008 7:08am,
Man, you guys are harsh! If you keep that up, I am not going to post the video when CdnPaddy gets Piz to fix his hair before submitting him, uses the wet willy triangle defence, or stuffs Piz toes up his own nose. If you want to see that, you have to play nice.

Now, I'm going to work, and when I get back I'd better see all you children getting along.

Hedgehogey
2/28/2008 7:50am,
Things which happen in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrhQpC7svY), not neccesarily in chronological order:

-RM basically stands out of side control.

-Pizdoff does basically the same thing because RM leaves a full three feet of space under his hips while walking to north-south

-Pizdoff plays butterfly flat on his back, causing RM to squat and succesfully passes because of it

-RM gives up bully mount by going for a pointless spin

-Pizdoff just kind of falls over trying to double leg because he didn't expect to have to lift RM's weight or RM to WALK FORWARD

-pizdoff keeps forgetting when to stop spinning and start pressing so he makes the armbar actively worse twice

I don't think I need to offer commentary here. Wait, I forget two:

-Pizdoff consequently gets armbarred from a position where it's normally extremely difficult to finish

-Pizdoff has been posting on Bullshido for six years

Goju - Joe
2/28/2008 7:56am,
-Pizdoff has been posting on Bullshido for six years

And what? He should be an amazing grappler cause he posts on Bullshido? He shouldn't get arm bared cause he posts on Bullshido?

Woopity doo!!!!1

The Question
2/28/2008 10:21am,
Hedgehogey and Boyd are douchebags. I hope I catch them in the street so I can punch them in the face.

The Question
2/28/2008 10:38am,
No, you need to go to a real school and train instead of having monthly circlejerks with your Internet buddies and exchange bland, useless pleasantries like "I need to something something hips".

Christ, faggots like you are the worst thing to ever happen to this sport. If you want to be a spectator, fine. Grappling's not for everyone. But I'm ashamed, literally ashamed Jorai, to participate in a sport overrun by people like you, who think they can show up to one half-assed training session a month and speak with the easy confidence of someone who trains.

This isn't hyperbole, this isn't me being cute, this isn't Internet Flaming: get the **** out of my sport.

I believe this kind of attitude needs some more exploration.

It is my opinion that people like Boyd are in truth the worst thing to happen to the sport. The primary purpose of the sport is entertainment. If it ceases to entertain, it ceases to be popular, and those who participate are not rewarded abundantly. Boyd's attitude alienates those who would give their financial, moral and physical support.

Professional sports are never about the people playing, but rather about the people watching. There were 22 soccer players and 1 referree on the pitch at the Emirates Stadium last weekend but there were 60,000 people in the crowd.

**** off, Boyd.

AeroChica
2/28/2008 10:50am,
It is my opinion that people like Boyd are in truth the worst thing to happen to the sport. The primary purpose of the sport is entertainment. If it ceases to entertain, it ceases to be popular, and those who participate are not rewarded abundantly. Boyd's attitude alienates those who would give their financial, moral and physical support.

**** off, Boyd.

QFT.

Oh noes! I teh suck at boxing! I've been boxing for a year and I still suck. Between my last throwdown video taken 5 months ago and this one, I can see little if any improvement. I should hang up my gloves, stop posting on Bullshido, sit on the couch and watch my ass spread, and stop being such a disgrace to the fine sport of boxing.

OR

I could continue to do a sport that I love, meet great people, try to learn and improve my skills, get excellent exercise and have a ton of fun.

Hmmmmm....

Boyd
2/28/2008 2:46pm,
Every time I bash Pizdoff for being a terrible piece of **** crappler, everyone jumps on me like I just stole a retarded kid's Segway and rode it off to get Baskin Robbins. And every time, I have to very politely remind all parties involved that Pizdoff has SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS and has been ostensibly "training" for five years. This isn't me trying to micromanage a competent grappler's performance from the comfort of my laptop; this is me pointing out that someone who has been training for five years with SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS on a martial arts board looks like he just wandered into his first BJJ class.

Are you guys all such terrible nerds you don't see why it might be a good idea to get real training at a real school instead of showing up to monthly Internet gatherings?

Goju - Joe
2/28/2008 3:18pm,
Every time I bash Pizdoff for being a terrible piece of **** crappler, everyone jumps on me like I just stole a retarded kid's Segway and rode it off to get Baskin Robbins. And every time, I have to very politely remind all parties involved that Pizdoff has SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS and has been ostensibly "training" for five years. This isn't me trying to micromanage a competent grappler's performance from the comfort of my laptop; this is me pointing out that someone who has been training for five years with SIXTEEN THOUSAND POSTS on a martial arts board looks like he just wandered into his first BJJ class.

Are you guys all such terrible nerds you don't see why it might be a good idea to get real training at a real school instead of showing up to monthly Internet gatherings?

I believe Pizdoff trains here http://www.salvosabjj.com/ is that good enough for you?

Seriously what your point? If he had 200,000 posts what would your point be?

You, Hedge (and Shuma probably) seem to be the only people who cares.

Really why does it matter to you?

The whole "I am not trying to be an asshole but.." rhetoric syle is exactly what people say when they are trying to be just that.

Also re Pizdoff and his injury, as being someone who was there and heard the crack across the room and drove him to the emergency room I would like you to break your tibula so we can compare notes as to the healing time.

Ke?poFist
2/28/2008 6:01pm,

So he doesn't train quite regularly, and enjoys talking about martial arts. Is there a crime being committed? To the best of my knowledge he's not teaching, and doesn't even proclaim to be competent. The only thing he's said here was a self deprecating comment, and how much fun he had.

Perhaps he should be able to escape sloppy armbar attempts or hold a decent side mount with that many years under his belt, but really, who cares?

AeroChica
2/28/2008 6:21pm,
Perhaps he should be able to escape sloppy armbar attempts or hold a decent side mount with that many years under his belt, but really, who cares?

Exactly! PizDoff is great. Or he isn't. What's it to ya? He's not running around here spouting off about his prowess, he isn't claiming rank he hasn't earned or skills he cannot demonstrate.

If this board was only for people with real skill, there would be about a dozen members. Fortunately for the other 50 000 of us, that's not the case.

Now, go amuse yourself elsewhere, KTHXBYE.

Hedgehogey
2/29/2008 1:25am,
So, question: How long has Pizdoff been training? Because if it's more than three months, you're all basically accusing Salvosa of being a terrible teacher.