PDA

View Full Version : A male's pride/ego hurt

Pages : [1] 2 3

MuayThaiChick
11/12/2003 9:31am,
Now, I was on last night and someone brought up a very good question: Why is it that when a male is beaten by a female, that he seems to get more angry... his pride/ego hurt more?

Now he was some part of a case study and was asked to fight a female who is a yellow belt in BJJ, he had no MA experience. (I thought this was unfair, but read on). Now he stated to the one presenting this case study, "Fine I'll do it, but it won't help your study out because I will win; there is no way she can even beat me" -Now, this statement on it's own would prove something to me right away: he stated that because he feels that he can not be beaten, by a female... but IF he were beaten, his statement would be invalid and his pride would be hurt-

Well, needless to say, he did loose. And he blamed it on him not knowing any martial arts... but he had just stated that she couldn't beat him before hand, now he makes excuses...

Well, after that she decided to put him and another female (with no MA experience) in a spar, after they both went through one month of training in BJJ. He felt very confident, but still lost. He said it would have been fine if he were beaten by a guy, but beaten by a chick all seemed too humilliating to him. The question is why?

Is it because of the media protraying the female as an object of lust and beauty? Is it the past wehre males were looked on as far more superior? Do these thoughts still get imbedded in our minds?

If you had to be tapped out by a female, would you rather it be a butch chick or a more feminine one? And how about a guy... one that cross dresses or one that dresses as a male should?

Just some things I was thinking about when asked about the study. That is all.

MrMcFu
11/12/2003 9:35am,
Where did you find a BJJ yellow belt?

SLJ
11/12/2003 9:43am,
He thinks everything is based on strength + Most women are weaker than most men = Get's upset when woman uses technique over strength to beat him.

Ronin
11/12/2003 9:44am,
I love being "beaten" by a woman ;)

The Wastrel
11/12/2003 9:45am,
I would rather be tapped by an attractive woman. Pretty much anything that involved me taking the object's role in a sentence I would prefer if it were an attractive woman.

transparent
11/12/2003 9:58am,
Interesting.

For some reason I think this is more common among people without any MA training.
Rest of us have at some point seen a good woman fight I think.

I don't know how I would react from being tapped out by a woman. I would propably be impressed. Pissed? I don't think so.

PizDoff
11/12/2003 10:02am,
Damnit, ronin "beat" me to it. Posting about pleasure derived from being beaten by a woman I mean. Not sure what he beats on in his spare time.

Ronin
11/12/2003 10:06am,
I have NO spare time

Greg
11/12/2003 10:08am,
Personally I kind of like fighting with lesbians.

SLJ
11/12/2003 10:10am,
The butch kind ?

Mr.Miyagi
11/12/2003 10:12am,
If they were lesbians wouldnt it like defeat the point?

But on topic, no, I get beaten by chicks all the time at my WC club, cause they are better than me, so of course they should, I just respect their skill :D.

Greg
11/12/2003 10:14am,
As long as both of them are wearing their pajamas Iím cool with it. I can be open minded.

The Crack Taoist
11/12/2003 10:14am,
Um.. actually if I met a woman who could wipe the floor with me...

I'd probably be checking her hands for a ring :)

No ****.
I can get cute anywhere, smart is harder.. but doable.
Ladies who can fight are rare as hell.

If I got tapped by a fem I'd want to know what she trained
and how to overcome her weight/mass/reach disadvantage..

but that's all technical eh?

Beatdown Richie
11/12/2003 10:16am,
MrMcFu: colored belts below blue are used for children and teenagers in many BJJ schools.

> Do these thoughts still get imbedded in our minds?
I'm not sure they need much embedding from the outside; some tendencies for attitude towards the other sex are most likely innate. The fact that it's mostly men who train martial arts, lift weights, and engage in violent sports like football does nothing to change the perception, though.

Having trained with very good female judoka, I have a lot of respect for what they can do, but if a man never gets that eye-opener, he has little reason to change the a-priori assumption of male superiority.

Greg
11/12/2003 10:25am,
I donít think Iíd really want to grapple with a guy in drag though. Just personal preference. But I suppose there are some schools out there do that kind of training.

rainfall
11/12/2003 10:36am,
Maybe we should ask Christian Slater:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/11/12/ple.slater.ap/index.html