PDA

View Full Version : In front of crowds...

CharlesTC
2/18/2008 3:13pm,
I was reading up some websites about when they progress they must demonstrate in front of their whole school or in front of many people...

This is the only thing that will m ake me really nervous!

Does/Did anyone else have a problem with this?

I usually make it through, but it scares the crap out of me.

Thanks!
Thomas

BJJbot
2/18/2008 3:14pm,
BULL RUSH ON CharlesTC!!!

alex
2/18/2008 3:39pm,
well we dont progress by belt or anything but i guess jumping in a ring is similar. For me I just have a huge ego and huge trust that my trainers are the best, and that stops me from feeling nervous.

partyboy
2/18/2008 3:49pm,
remember to picture everyone naked too

partyboy
2/18/2008 3:50pm,
except the other fighter... unless you like that sort of thing

MastaChance
2/18/2008 3:52pm,
I have been in TKD and had to do things in front of everyone, didnt really make me nervous cuase for the most part i was better than them at what was being asked of me to do. Now as for getting in the ring, I was SO DAMN NERVOUS it wasn't even funny, lol. I think everyone gets a little hyped up though, I mean it is normal, with adrenalin and all.

CharlesTC
2/18/2008 3:56pm,
I think I would be ok if I were against someone in the ring. But I guess it wouls care me to do the showoffy stuff in front of people by myself(katas?)

sopredictable
2/18/2008 4:14pm,
The only way of loosing nervousness is by doing it again....... and again..........and then some.

Enter as many competitions as you can and don't worry too much abouy loosing or winning, just take it as practice. I personally find sparring in front of others much easier,because I don't have time to think about the audience. In kata however you're on your own and you know that everyone is STARING at you. That still gets me.

So keep practicing and it will get better.

CharlesTC
2/18/2008 4:21pm,
That is what would bother me, I don't enjoy being singled out.

JMass
2/18/2008 6:03pm,
I have never done a kata or a "show" in front of someone, but I have sparred in from of others. It makes me nervous. But the more you do it, the less you worry.

Domite
2/19/2008 2:00pm,
I can't wait to fight in a ring, I think all those people watching would just motivate me to do better.

money
2/19/2008 2:13pm,
That is what would bother me, I don't enjoy being singled out.

That's probably the point of the exercise, to put you under pressure and see how you perform.

CharlesTC
2/19/2008 2:45pm,
That's probably the point of the exercise, to put you under pressure and see how you perform.

Makes sense! NEver thought about that.