PDA

View Full Version : How much do spend on training ????

2/17/2008 10:12am,
Hi all, I was just wondering how my monthly spend on training compares with others on here, particularly people in different countries.

I pay £30 a month Muay Thai gym membership (usually do 4 daytime classes a week).
I pay £3 a class Shotokan Karate class ( average 2 classes a week).
I have private Muay Thai lessons whenever I can afford.

Almost all of my training is funded by teaching self defence classes and co-instructing at a Kids Karate class.
My wife has know idea how much I spend on training (or kit !) if she did I would be toast.:spanky:

AikidoBot
2/17/2008 10:13am,
Welcome aboard, [email protected]! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

ray jackson
2/17/2008 10:43am,
Welcome,

Sounds like you devote a lot of time to training. I spend a lot of time training too, its almost a second job to me sometimes. I spend 6 to 7 days a week training. about 3 to 4 hours on mondays and fridays, 2 to 3 tuesday through thursday, saturdays can vary between 1.5 hours and 4 hours (its a lighter more techinical workout though). Sundays are about two hours and pretty light as well. I sometimes take wednesdays off depending on whether or not I have a competition on the horizon.

gothamator
2/17/2008 12:53pm,
I pay $130/month for the Ninjutsu (I train around 5 hrs per week, but could go to 10 if I had more energy) and $50/month for BJJ (1.5 hrs per week.)

I'm going to show this post to my wife, so she'll quit complaining about me spending too much time @gyms...

Cuchulain
2/17/2008 1:11pm,
£30 a month?! I spend £30 per week! That gets me 6 or 7 hours of Sanda/Tai Chi and 3 or 4 hours of groundwork.

2/17/2008 1:35pm,
Yes £30 a month, thats on a 12 month contract,unlimited access and includes a pair of shorts, insurance and gradings.
The gym is not a Mc joint, having produced more UK/Euro/World Muay Thai Champs than any other in the UK. Pretty damm incredible value !!!!

ty5
2/17/2008 5:18pm,
fiver per a 2 hour class, so if I train twice a week it would be £40 a month.