PDA

View Full Version : Yay, a MA daycare

Smoke
2/07/2008 5:15pm,
I was reading Black Belt Magazine's Buyer's Guide and saw this:
www.karate4family.com (http://www.karate4family.com)

^Well, it looks like just a daycare or yet just some family fun thingy. I don't know what their goal is, whether it's just martial arts, or actual Karate.

Say, how old is that blackbelt in the front page?

Do you guys know any other places like this, which I mean, that is more of a daycare or CardioKarate rather than just martial arts?

Permalost
2/07/2008 5:49pm,
A martial arts school where parents drop off their kids and pick them up later, regardless if they are really learning? Stop the presses!

Squerlli
2/07/2008 5:50pm,
A martial arts school where parents drop off their kids and pick them up later, regardless if they are really learning? Stop the presses!

Thread complete.

Teh El Macho
2/07/2008 6:09pm,
I was reading Black Belt Magazine's Buyer's Guide and saw this:
www.karate4family.com (http://www.karate4family.com)

^Well, it looks like just a daycare or yet just some family fun thingy. I don't know what their goal is, whether it's just martial arts, or actual Karate.

Say, how old is that blackbelt in the front page?

Do you guys know any other places like this, which I mean, that is more of a daycare or CardioKarate rather than just martial arts?

You may want to, you know, refrain from creating created redundantly retarded threads on topics already beaten to death, and instead save your thread creation energy until you have something novel, new, informative or at least funny... just sayin'

the yellow dart
2/07/2008 9:22pm,
This is nothing new. Hell, even Team Quest has a kids program. It's a great way to make money, frankly, and keeping kids active and confident isn't the absolute worst thing ever. I wouldn't take mine to a karate chop shop but if parents are dumb enough to believe that their little Johnny is a real black belt well that's their problem.

Johnny Gaijin
2/08/2008 2:57am,
there was a McDojo in my old town that taught 10 different martial arts and connected to the building was the "LITTLE NINJA CHRISTIAN DAY CARE CENTER." pretty fucking awesome.

drizzt777
2/09/2008 4:44pm,
In my hometown theres a guy who teaches over at a community center I often refer parents to. He has a great children's program based on TKD, but with smart tactics for children. He doesn't tell them to fight an adult, but instead offers things like if you're in a store and grabbed by a stranger immediately begin screaming and yelling, slapping and saying that the person is NOT your parent. I think this is much better than my friend's old TKD school which encouraged a child to take on someone who was grown.

He also doesn't give blackbelts to kids under a certain age, instead he gets them to a blue belt with a gold stripe and they remain that until they are old enough to begin the adult classes which are more inclined to street defense. (Atleast that's how he did it back 4 years ago when I came around.) I think too you have to be a certain age before you can get your black belt in his school as well. Very cool class, I visited it quite often back in the day and worked out with them.

Ok so off topic, I just saw this add and it made me think is all.

Father Dagon
2/10/2008 9:20am,
there was a McDojo in my old town that taught 10 different martial arts and connected to the building was the "LITTLE NINJA CHRISTIAN DAY CARE CENTER." pretty fucking awesome.Pictures, please.