PDA

View Full Version : Krav Maga San Diego

juszczec
2/05/2008 2:28pm,
Hi folks

A student of mine is moving to San Diego. He's thinking he'd like to train at Krav Maga San Diego.

The chief instructor is Dana Ben Kaplan. They are part of the International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF).

Does anyone have any experience with Krav Maga San Diego and its instructors?

Thanks

Mark

Judah Maccabee
2/06/2008 1:15am,
I don't have firsthand experience, but IKMF is the other "big" Krav organization in addition to the one headed up by Darren Levine. I believe Eyal Yanilov is the head of the IKMF, and he was the most senior student to Imi Sde-Or.

socratic
2/06/2008 5:15am,
I don't have firsthand experience, but IKMF is the other "big" Krav organization in addition to the one headed up by Darren Levine. I believe Eyal Yanilov is the head of the IKMF, and he was the most senior student to Imi Sde-Or.

The obvious question I guess is then "Does big = good?"

BOXMAN
2/06/2008 6:46am,
The obvious question I guess is then "Does big = good?"

No, but in Krav's case big=structure and a consistent curriculum. It also should mean certified instructors in Krav and not just a MA instructor teaching Krav as an additional class. I'd stay within the two "big" organizations if I could to ensure this.

ChickenBeakFist
2/06/2008 12:49pm,
I don't know much about Krav Maga, but for what it's worth I've heard good things about Brand X in Ramona

http://www.brandxmartialarts.com/

AlienGunfighter
2/06/2008 11:07pm,
I've trained at Core Self Defense in El Cajon. They're small, but they're pretty good. They're licensed through KMWW.

kravchick1
3/19/2008 1:06am,
I personally train at CORE Self Defense and it is BORDERLINE AMAZING!!!! They are an official Krav Maga Worldwide training center, and like you said...the instruction/instructors that teach this program are phenomenal!!! I think they will even let you try a free introductory class if you call and ask... check them out at coresd.net and maybe I will see you on the mats.