PDA

View Full Version : greets Wu Yu Hsiang- qi - and stuff.

hooky
2/01/2008 8:42am,
Hello to each and all..found this place by happy accident, good to see some healthy [as well as unhealthy no doubt] skepticism about MA in our surface value culture. My own interest is in the internal chinese styles most specifically Wu Yu Hsiangs' style of taijiquan which I have been practicing for around 10 years. Probably i'll be looking for the threads on the whole qi thing as to my mind this is the most obscure and for that reason abused term in MA [ both in the west and the east ] . Started out practicing Southern Mantis and Hung Gar round '91 and began Taiji around 95/96 while continuing South Mantis and Hung Gar [ though I had switched teachers ] until '98 when I decided to concentrate on the internal as training all three was counter-productive [for me anyhow , be interested in opinion concerning training multiple styles and methodologies simultaneously ]. bye..for now:qshatter:

BJJbot
2/01/2008 8:43am,
We knew you could do it! hooky posted, YAY! And if a bot is this rude, just imagine harsh this is gonna be. Hope you're wearing a thick gi.