PDA

View Full Version : Bicyclist tased when he runs for minor infraction

Pages : [1] 2

IamBaytor
1/30/2008 1:02pm,
Sounds worse than it really is, in my opinion. Maybe it started as a minor infraction, but thats not what it turned into because of his actions.

http://www.chicoer.com/news/ci_8104993

vigilus
1/30/2008 1:29pm,
Not to mention people who often seem to run for minor infractions are guilty of much larger ones.

Abusivemelon
1/30/2008 1:50pm,
Is there a video about?

Teh El Macho
1/30/2008 2:24pm,
If he ran away from a deputy, he deserved to be tassed. Man, he deserves to get an anal probe with a cattle rod.

Rhyos
1/30/2008 2:48pm,
I just find it fascinating just how quick people are to run from incidents or refuse any sort of police intervention whatsoever. The best part is when they ask "Why did I get tased/hit/shot/arrested?!" when moments earlier they were shoving a big **** you to the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXH-MwUt5E
Another taser video that proves my point.

money
1/30/2008 2:58pm,
So he got off his bicycle in order to run away?

partyboy
1/30/2008 3:01pm,
...riding under the influence of alcohol and use of false citizenship/government documents.

lol, he was drunk cycling.

but he did have a fake ID... nice

krazy kaju
1/30/2008 9:57pm,
So he got off his bicycle in order to run away?

srsly.

That's what I was thinking.

bad credit
1/31/2008 2:25am,
False citizenship?

"Don't tase me, amigo!"

Yrkoon9
1/31/2008 3:09am,
LOL everytime I see beligerent fucks getting tased makes me laugh so hard. I've seen that video so many times and I can't stop watching. Hearing her howling is just too much.

These videos should be shown to middle school children. Then again in high school. And a refresher everytime you reknew your liscence.

edit: I wonder if her boyfriend, Mark, was laughing as hard as I am now when he heard this over the cell phone.

socratic
1/31/2008 5:19am,
I just find it fascinating just how quick people are to run from incidents or refuse any sort of police intervention whatsoever. The best part is when they ask "Why did I get tased/hit/shot/arrested?!" when moments earlier they were shoving a big **** you to the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGXH-MwUt5E
Another taser video that proves my point.

Isn't a Taser supposed to be used for self defence rather than compliance?

mad_malk
1/31/2008 5:32am,
Isn't a Taser supposed to be used for self defence rather than compliance?
No Less then lethal devices are compliance tools as well as self defense tools.

PS I love Boynton Beach PD.

socratic
1/31/2008 5:57am,
No Less then lethal devices are compliance tools as well as self defense tools.

They are?

money
1/31/2008 8:43am,
I guess it's a question of would you rather be tased, pepper sprayed, beat with a nightstick or shot?

mad_malk
1/31/2008 8:58am,
don't forget grabed and thrown to the ground.
Non-lether tools are also referd to as pain compliance tools.

Don Gwinn
1/31/2008 9:00am,
Socratic, pretending not to understand something twice is not the Socratic method.

Yes, they are. A taser is a crappy self-defense weapon most of the time anyway. Initially, the taser was sold as a way to get compliance from suspects who were too risky to tackle (armed people, for instance) but without having to shoot them.
People caught on quickly that having cops tussling with suspects, even unarmed suspects, still led to a lot of injuries for the cops and the suspects. Using the taser is safer.

Bicyclists are probably the ideal taser target, by the way, since they thoughtfully strap bicycle helmets on their heads so as to avoid head injuries when they fall.

This guy was apparently an illegal alien who was riding in traffic drunk and then ran away from a police officer. Pretty good use of a taser, in short. Cycling drunk on city streets (apparently at night) is a good way to get crushed into a fine paste under a bus, so it's not like he didn't get anything out of it. He got tased, but that's a lot nicer than what some old lady in a Suburban might have done to him by accident if he'd been allowed to go his merry way.