PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh another Noob

stoneground
1/28/2008 11:51pm,
Hey all, in an attempt to dispose of the twst at the top of the forums, here is my intro:
1. thanks for all the no bullshido info on bullshido.
2. I started life as an actor, and I got interested in kinesiology and staged fighting. A desire to understand the "reality" of fighting brought me to study the asian and western martial arts. I knew a few asian martial artists who maintained what a friend called the "Okinawan spirit". My connections through liniage led me to an Aikido school where Aikido is still practiced as a martial art. My teacher was talented, excellent, and cross trained. However, he believed in traditional JMA aka: Beat your students and Martial arts are a religion. Not for me. I'm currently beginning my mma/grappling training (in Sambo/kickboxing.) I hope to continue to learn from both traditional and modern martial arts.
to learn alll theories of combat and practice in an enviornment devoted to serious hard training and enjoyable learning.
3. There seams to be an amazing commiunity of dedicated and disparate individuals out there. I'm glad to find a place they can all bitch at each other.

Cheers.
SG

BJJbot
1/28/2008 11:52pm,
In spite of what some other web-sites would have you believe, we here at Bullshido.net welcome you, stoneground, with open arms and hope that you will share with us your unique experiences and ideas on the martial arts.... so that we may then make fun of those experiences and ideas.

Squerlli
1/28/2008 11:55pm,
Yey! More Sambo followers! Can't go fucking wrong with Sambo. Welcome fellow comrade.

Omega Supreme
1/29/2008 12:04am,
SAMBO + Aikido = Systema.