PDA

View Full Version : chi sao instructional video please

Pages : [1] 2

jmike
1/28/2008 5:17am,
I don't practice wing chun, but I know that the chi sao training will help my sensitivity and reflexes for trapping. so will someone make a video teaching chi sao. I don't know any schools that teach it?

thanks!:icon_cool

Hedgehogey
1/28/2008 5:43am,
Why in the world would you want that?

Teh El Macho
1/28/2008 7:18am,
I don't practice wing chun, but I know that the chi sao training will help my sensitivity and reflexes for trapping. so will someone make a video teaching chi sao. I don't know any schools that teach it?

How do you know? I'm not trying to be sarcastic... well, maybe a little, but in all honesty, how do you know?

HonkyTonkMan
1/28/2008 7:23am,

Does he want the truth?
WELL HE CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

Granted it looks like fun, but so does skydiving, and I wont be doing that anytime soon.

jmike
1/28/2008 10:00am,
How do you know? I'm not trying to be sarcastic... well, maybe a little, but in all honesty, how do you know?

because it survived thosands of years of fighting, if it does that and is not deemed useless, than it must be good. And even bruce lee the most "non traditional" guy still practiced it long after he threw away the wing chun forms.

Goju - Joe
1/28/2008 10:02am,
If you want effective trapping do Greco Roman wrestling

Full contact combat Tai chi ends up looking like that anyways

M1K3
1/28/2008 10:41am,
because it survived thosands of years of fighting, if it does that and is not deemed useless, than it must be good. And even bruce lee the most "non traditional" guy still practiced it long after he threw away the wing chun forms.

1. Wing chun is not thousands of years old.
2. It is deemed useless for fighting.
3. Bruce Lee dropped it like a hot potato. BTW, Bruce Lee is not that big of a deal.
4. For trapping range learn to wrestle or perhaps the thai clinch.

The only thing chi sao improves is your chi sao.

:deadhorse

It is Fake
1/28/2008 12:08pm,
I'm giving you a break and putting this in newbietown.

I really want to put it in YMAS.

It survived 1,000 years.....stupid. So, have Bows and arrows doesn't mean I want one over a gun.

Rivington
1/28/2008 12:12pm,
If you want effective trapping do Greco Roman wrestling

Full contact combat Tai chi ends up looking like that anyways

Quoted for good advice before the LOLOCAUST begins.

selfcritical
1/28/2008 12:53pm,

Chi Sau is relatively new as an excercise, you're thinking of push hands, which is old as **** and is pretty much a wrestling drill for taking balance.

NJM
1/28/2008 12:56pm,
Chi Sau is relatively new as an excercise, you're thinking of push hands, which is old as **** and is pretty much a wrestling drill for taking balance.

That is truth.

Tom Kagan
1/28/2008 1:01pm,

I'll make you a deal:

Come to NYC. You and I will make the video teaching Chi Sao. I guarantee you will KNOW what it does and does not help you with after we're done.

M1K3
1/28/2008 1:01pm,
I know this is in newbietown now. But...go to youtube and search on chi sao. Watch the larping and then decide if this is really something you want to do. If the answer is yes, read the chi sao threads here at Bullshido. You will notice that many of us are ex-chunners, and that is for a reason and chi sao is a BIG part of that reason.

HonkyTonkMan
1/28/2008 1:27pm,
I'm giving you a break and putting this in newbietown.

I really want to put it in YMAS.

It survived 1,000 years.....stupid. So, have Bows and arrows doesn't mean I want one over a gun.

You mean that you wouldnt use a padlock, that you carry on your belt loop and a bandana as a weapon?

For Shame.

Goju - Joe
1/28/2008 1:28pm,
Chi Sao at it's very best is a minor drill.

Asking for a video or training video of it is like asking for a video on "how do push up"

selfcritical
1/28/2008 1:42pm,
Push-Ups predate spoken language! Would we have retained them to this very day if they didn't let you stare an oncoming meteor straight in the face and explode it with your mind?