PDA

View Full Version : MMA is a SPORT and ONLY that.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

BBT4life
1/23/2008 9:20pm,
Its time for MMA to get its due..

As I am sure , the title and topic of this thread will upset many of those who have been indoctrinated through the media barrage of MMA and its various blowhard supporters.

The fact remains that NO MMA practioner is prepared for a REAL combat situation. MMA is used ONLY to win within a set of rules, on a padded floor while wearing gloves. Myself and my entire Dojo Laugh Out Loud when watching grown men roll around on the ground in missionary without having the good sense to EVER learn proper point strikes that would EASILY end the conflit within SECONDS.

Some facts:

1. No MMA practioner uses proper stances or form when striking, thus making it necessary for matches to go on as long as they do. If one were to assume a proper stance and strike as taught in Buijinkan Budo Taijutsu, the fight would never last more than 3 seconds, unless the other practioner was a BBT practioner also.

Whenever I get into an altercation (edited: here in Japan) I always pray that they try and "shoot" in on me, casue when they do, they get droped faster than a bag of tatarinashi bricks.

2. Bruce Lee, the founder of MMA philosophy, was consistantly dominated by practioners of REAL combat arts. One example is the grandmaster of Won Hop Loong Chuan / Pyong Hwa do : A.F. Walker. (http://www.wonhoploongchuan.com/wonhoploongchuan/index.php) This man would have Bruce Lee come into his dojo daily and beat him up easily using proper form and point strikes.

3. MMA does not prepare one for MULTIPLE man combat. Nor does it deal with street leathality that would allow one to do the above mentioned action.

4. Upon watching this video, http://uk.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0jOMc9R4Ak it should be made apparent that what MMA practioners are doing is MORE dogmatic and LESS effective than what we REAL combat / martial artists practice.

I know I will be flamed, but I think its time for the truth to be spoken. I came in peace and now I leave in peace.

TheMightyMcClaw
1/23/2008 9:22pm,
Ok guys, who's behind this?
Let's not make gag threads in the MABS forum. We have to have at least ONE respectable forum on Bullshido. Let's keeping the hooliganry to YMAS, ok?

BBT4life
1/23/2008 9:24pm,
I am completely serious sir. Open your mind, lets your brain fall out.

MacWombat
1/23/2008 9:26pm,
Well I'm convinced. What art should I take up?

Hedgehogey
1/23/2008 9:28pm,
Question: Which Mifune film are you cosplaying from?

blasthornoxx
1/23/2008 9:30pm,
i did taijutsu fer a while as a kid

tawt the black gi's and ninja stuff were teh coolest

man i feel ashamed

ADM
1/23/2008 9:35pm,
Well if this isn't a blatant troll attempt I don't know what is.

Trollshido is that way:

<------------

The Question
1/23/2008 9:35pm,
BBT4life is a troll and only that?

BBT4life
1/23/2008 9:36pm,
Well I'm convinced. What art should I take up?

I'm glad I've reached someone without being flamed too hard.

I would recommend BBT. It is directly decended from the ninjitsu tradition that stresses effective combat techniques as well as a strong life philosophy that aids in all things outside of combat. I even find that its philosopical base has helped me in my online gaming activities!

TheMightyMcClaw
1/23/2008 9:38pm,
I am completely serious sir. Open your mind, lets your brain fall out.
Nope, still not gonna buy it.
Here's why:

1. No MMA practioner uses proper stances or form when striking, thus making it necessary for matches to go on as long as they do. If one were to assume a proper stance and strike as taught in Buijinkan Budo Taijutsu, the fight would never last more than 3 seconds, unless the other practioner was a BBT practioner also.

I cannot concieve of a world where an actual BBT practicioner would lecture ANYONE on power generation. Aikido palm 'strikes' hit harder than then BBT lunge punches. Frantic children pounding on your knees in distress hit harder than BBT snap kicks.

Also, you took the whole "Ninja fanboy" shtick too far with this one:

Whenever I get into an altercation while helping the local residetns of my Japanese village from the Yakuza, I always pray that they try and "shoot" in on me, casue when they do, they get droped faster than a bag of tatarinashi bricks.

Come on, now.
Sewiouswy.

BBT4life
1/23/2008 9:38pm,
BBT4life is a troll and only that?

how nice is it to have a way to duck every critique of YOUR marti...sorry, SPORT?

You can give, but you certainly can't take it seems. Just like in real combat eh.

TheMightyMcClaw
1/23/2008 9:39pm,
I'm glad I've reached someone without being flamed too hard.

I would recommend BBT. It is directly decended from the ninjitsu tradition that stresses effective combat techniques as well as a strong life philosophy that aids in all things outside of combat. I even find that its philosopical base has helped me in my online gaming activities!

And now your just being silly.
Is this part of someone's campaign to be elected the new official troll after Cracky retires? Or have they already been elected, and this is just like their grand opening?

cyril
1/23/2008 9:43pm,
At least YMAS this ****, plz.

Augusto
1/23/2008 9:43pm,
Seriously, read what is this forum about before posting anything... you are not enlightening no one, and you'll see it.
Hatsumi woul be proud of you however

I practiced BBT and I found it unrealistic, as the coreographed video you post.

I suppose that the statue like Ichi Monji stance and the 5 mt. Fudoken is much more better than a jab/cross combination. Prove it.

NJM
1/23/2008 9:45pm,
This troll has a serious problem with lack of subtlety. It was obvious this was trollfakage after the "Japanese Village" was mentioned.

JohnnyCache
1/23/2008 9:46pm,
Moved thread.

Op, try harder.