PDA

View Full Version : Hows it going?

DreadSkin
1/17/2008 9:42am,
hi everyone

just heard about this wesite, and from what i have seen so far im impressed. what a sweet idea.

anyways, my introduction:

i live in Belfast (Gods Country), Northern Ireland. i got into Martial Arts when i was 18 (im 27 now). i had been playing Rugby and Gaelic Football since i was wee, so i was relativly fit, and used to plenty of rough and tumble ( i didnt like foorball as i recon its full of whingers and actors who cry if you tap them). i always had an interest in the Martial arts, but never had a chance (and my Ma wasnt to keen on me learning to fight...). anyway, i left home after school, went to work on a building site in london (irish man's rite of passage), saved money and headed for a hoilday in france. a group of us went out, got blocked, pissed of the french with our liberal use of the word '****', and got jumped. this made me decide to do a martial art when i got home.

back in belfast i spent 4-5 months trailing around different types of martial arts, tying to find the one for me. i went to TKD, Shotokan and a few other karate types, world fed jujitsu, kickboxing blah blah blah. they all seemed to structured and ridgid for me. i found Tai Jutsu (nothing to do with any ninja stuff) and loved it. it gave me a mixture of ground fighting, stand up, as well as some traditional aspects too. i stuck at it and in nov 2006 got my black belt. heres the website: www.nitja.net (http://www.nitja.net)

during my study/training of tai jutsu i also complemented this training by going to Sheran Muay Thai. i have been training with frankie now for about 5-6 years. two years ago, i headed out to Phuket Thailand to train at the Tiger muay thai camp http://www.tigermuaythai.com. i trained there for two months, at a time when the camp was still being set up. there were not, as advertised, the MMA octagon thingy, but it didnt stop us rolling and practicing take downs etc. however the main aim was to train like a thai, and by god we did. it was a masocists haven.

i have also lived in Vancouver BC for a year; were i took the oportunity to train in the very traditional Muso Jutten Eshin Ryu iaido with Sensi Hiro. this helped me center myself better (was, and to some extents still am a bit of a wild Punk Rocker) and to gain focus in my chaotic life.

in the past year i was selected for the Irish Ju jutsu squad for the WCJJO world cahmpionships. this is a Semi Contact ju jutsu competition help every 3 years. in the lead up to this competition i started training Judo with mark Montgomery in Lisburn i trained there for 9 months and now train there every so often. i eneded up coming fouth after getting disquallified in my first fight, fighting thru the undercard, to get ashot at the bronze. there are a few of the fights on you tube it you wanna check it out, just follow the other links: im the middle weight with the evil beard... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW4qAvPyEbo there are otheres there too, including my fight off for the bronze and other team mates fight too.

recently i have been lookin to keep developing and moving forward. i have been going down now ant again to BBJ to try and improve my ground game, but i do prefare just hitting things and people. this has led me to do something i should have doner years ago... go down to my local boxing club! and i have to say its great craic!

since last october i have been running a small class on a friday night in the frames complex in central belfast. we are a group of tai jutsu students (with everyone else being welcome too) who are interested in competition and the fitness and conditioning training that go hand in hand. the classes start at six for conditioning and bag work hour, then 7-9 is 'class'. we cover whatever i sort of fancy, tho generally we will train in two of t three aspects: stand up, ground fighting and throws takedowns. only three rules: no wankers, no egos and no Nazis (or is that just one rule...)

as for the suposed banned debate on the best training music: its psychobilly or Punk rock.; belfasts own ' Runnin Riot' being a favourite. OI! Fuckin OI!

thanks

BJJbot
1/17/2008 9:43am,
BULL RUSH ON DreadSkin!!!

Bran Lydster
1/17/2008 9:54am,
Hiya matey and welcome to bullshido.

Only two suggestions.

More paragraphs please..its hard to read your post mate..specially for old farts like me as you well know I dont see too well.

Maybe point out its not the Ninjer Taijutsu its a blend of Jujutsu/judo, boxing and muay thai.......saves you getting chewed on quite as much when you venture out of newbie town

Lee is on here somewhere as leec123.

Brian

leec123
1/18/2008 8:34am,
and a big welcome from me too bud!!

lee

leec123
1/18/2008 8:41am,
and a big hug from me too hahaha
you missed me?

lee

DreadSkin
1/18/2008 9:24am,
alright Lee hows it going mate? you doing well

an feather weight? who you trying to kid.

here, has lister got that hair sorted out yet?

Bran Lydster
1/18/2008 9:28am,
I mulletted it,, i know i know, i can hear you laughing..have you shaved yer damnned beard off yet...

DreadSkin
1/18/2008 10:27am,
the count down is on... the close shave is imminant... got that big interview before the end of the month. so once the date is set my ode to the Goat God shall have to go.

i'll be bringing the clippers to doncaster for you tho!

leec123
1/18/2008 10:38am,
alright Lee hows it going mate? you doing well

an feather weight? who you trying to kid.

here, has lister got that hair sorted out yet?

of course im a featherweight hahahaha
you seen me drinking

TheMightyMcClaw
1/18/2008 6:33pm,
Nice to have you on board.
I was browsing through the website, and I was wondering: Can you explain this pic?
http://www.nitja.net/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig/showthumb.php?img=gradingapril2007/comber19.JPG&width=150&height=150&quality=80
Someone appears to be fighting a clown.

Bran Lydster
1/18/2008 6:40pm,
Yeah that was me, in the gi.

During the comber 20th anniversary in Northern Ireland a couple of the students came in dressed as clowns.

What was really weird was when one came up to me I just froze, 5' 11" 210 to 220 lbs I am, and trained all my life, not a tough guy ace martial artist, but not easily peturbed and the clown made me freeze.

So I did the only thing I could in the circumstance, I leg hooked her and carried on teaching.

DreadSkin
1/29/2008 6:16am,
Nice to have you on board.
I was browsing through the website, and I was wondering: Can you explain this pic?
http://www.nitja.net/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig/showthumb.php?img=gradingapril2007/comber19.JPG&width=150&height=150&quality=80
Someone appears to be fighting a clown.

aye mate,
we were having a course and then evening dinner to celebrate the 25th year of the Comber Club being open. the Clowns were to entertain the kids, but it seemed alot more entertaining (esp for those watching) to have them wind up the chief instructors... all part of that irish mentality of winding up (dont know how to 'translate' that into 'american') those in authority...

and whats all this bullrush bulshit about?