PDA

View Full Version : Military PR machines

Pages : [1] 2

Rock Ape
1/16/2008 8:35pm,
This makes my fucking blood boil, as a member of the RAF Regiment and para qualified seeing this promo just fucks me right off.

The UK has spent 17bn on operations in Iraq and Afghan which comes from the "special treasury" yet the teams set up by the armed forces as PR machines have to seek private sponsorship to survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfL5GGsZDOg

panthersix
1/17/2008 7:13am,
They could put the website for the Austin Powers Penis Pump on the ass of their jumpsuits!

WhiteShark
1/17/2008 10:29am,
These are active duty soldiers?

Rock Ape
1/17/2008 11:01am,
They could put the website for the Austin Powers Penis Pump on the ass of their jumpsuits!Indeed and I'm sure it would be permitted if there was a sponsorship payment involved.
These are active duty soldiers?Yes they are, members of the Royal Air Force Regiment, same as me which is why it pisses me off that to survive in the display team they need to resort to this form of advertising.

Remember that display teams such as these, including the red devils (Army parachute team) exist primarily as a public relations tool to raise military awareness in the civilian populous and to serve as a means of providing potential recruitment however, it is obvious that such teams are not particularly well financed if they have to resort to 'selling themselves' as seen in the you tube video.

--Dave

vigilus
1/17/2008 5:26pm,
Don't worry according to the US's new dude gates we don't know what we're doing :)

SFGOON
1/17/2008 7:34pm,
That would NEVER, EVER be allowed in the US Army. Not EVER.

****, if it were I know a bunch of guys who would endorse just about anything.

Rock Ape
1/17/2008 7:41pm,
Yeh **** innit.

Airman Kai
1/17/2008 8:10pm,
This can't be real. This is a joke. I'm sure of it. 100%.

Right?

SFGOON
1/17/2008 8:11pm,
With Brits anything is possible.

Rock Ape
1/17/2008 8:22pm,
This can't be real. This is a joke. I'm sure of it. 100%.

Right?Nope... totally genuine. RAF Regiment parachute display team selling themselves to corporate entities for sponsorship.

I'm just waiting for the day when I turn up for my re-qualification jumps and I'm handed an invoice for my share of the aviation fuel used in the process.

Perhaps MacDonalds or Burgar King might like to advertise on my uniform ?

Airman Kai
1/17/2008 9:43pm,
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2030/adpicul9.png

Rock Ape
1/17/2008 9:45pm,
lol man that's great lol

Airman Kai
1/17/2008 10:56pm,
lol man that's great lol
It's a little shabby, I only had a few minutes. Still, the point is made: military are serious business!

Eddie Hardon
1/18/2008 8:48am,
Sadly, the video is blocked but (oh, the irony) you might appreciate knowing that the CAS ACM Sir Glenn Torpy has released a statement entitled: "RAF remains absolutely vital". It doesn't mention commercial advertising per se but don't you feel better for knowing He Has Spoken.

Cheers

WhiteShark
1/18/2008 12:39pm,
Say what you will about the American military industrial complex our boys aren't hawking burgers and cokes quite yet. I know certain branches (snipers/marines) have supply problems but in general our military is well funded.

Snake Plissken
1/18/2008 12:54pm,
Question:
do teams like the Blue Angels for example, get any stipend when attending air shows or is any stipend paid for the military parachute teams when they perform drops at say sporting events?

Granted I've never seen them wearing a football jersey during the jump, but I recall teh Navy having recruiting stations at movie theatres showing Top Gun and the Army has made a video game.

we're putting Bullshido across your ass!