PDA

View Full Version : #1 Martial Art in the World accepts open challenges in any martial art

blaznbison24
1/16/2008 12:03am,
http://www.shaolinkungfu.com/English/english_main.html

In Chinese culture, the correct modern term for Chinese Martial Arts would be Wushu (Kung Fu is an olderhttp://www.shaolinkungfu.com/English/images/KungFu001_small.jpg (http://www.shaolinkungfu.com/English/images/KungFU001.jpg) terminology for the same definition). The Wushu is basically using the body's own natural movements to work on building the natural Martial Arts Techniques. What makes Wushu so different from other martial arts is that it focuses on the entire body's fitness, not just merely punching and kicking (Karate and Tai Kwan Do). We have to remember that other Far East martial arts are all originated from Shaolin Kung Fu, they are just variants of the same techniques in Shaolin Kung Fu. An old American saying stated this: "It takes three clones to beat the original". Therefore, why learn the cloned martial arts (like Karate and Tai Kwan Do) while you can just come down to Chinese Martial Art School and learn the completely original techniques. View our student page and entertainment page to see testimonies from students about how easy it is for a black belt in Kung Fu to beat a black belt in Karate in Martial Art Competition.
Practitioners of modern wushu focus on lightning-quick-form technique, combined with unbelievable jumping ability to give them an edge at any martial arts competition. Modern Wushu takes the basics of Kung Fu and its leg work to the next level in terms of the complexity of training. Our students have competed and won many events and tournaments. We take great pride in our Wushu ability. You are welcome to challenge us in martial art if you dare! (note: we take no responsibility in any injury you might sustain in a challenge with us

Anyone up for challenging these guys?

syberia
1/16/2008 12:14am,
Are you promoting the school, or saying that you think they might be full of ****?
In which case- why dont you challenge the school?

ignatzami
1/16/2008 12:22am,
Ok.... so we have a standard issue "were better" but his website calls him Sensei.... not Sifu. A huge list of claims, potentially verifiable. And he's out of Cali..... I still don't see anything that seperates this guy from any other potentially BS Wushu guy. If your interested check him out, if not, then why post?

YMAS plz?

ignatzami
1/16/2008 12:26am,
Also, a "Little Dragons" club, summer programs and bad web design. Add to that the broken english and I'd say this guy is harmless. He also uses the black sash as his highest level not gold, also odd. I'd say he's probably a highly athletic, fit, stage performer. No harm in that. I dont feel like reading anymore into it.

Also, whats your point in posting? blaznbison24 an axe to grind?

Again, I vote for YMAS/Trollshido.

Steve
1/16/2008 12:27am,
I only work so fast.

ignatzami
1/16/2008 12:28am,
*bows* thank you Steve, I shall endeavor to be more patient in the future.

ignatzami
1/16/2008 12:45am,
Though I must say, for fitness Wushu isn't bad, the instructor looks fit, the stances low, and as long as they make no claim of being t3h deadly..... I need a hobby

Virus
1/16/2008 1:00am,
as long as they make no claim of being t3h deadly..... I need a hobby

Take a raincheck;

Martial arts like Karate, Judo, and Tai Kwan Do are actually variants of the techniques that originated from Shaolin Kung Fu. Suffice to say, no other martial arts in the world is as rich in techniques and as effective as the Shaolin Kung Fu. (To put it simple, Shaolin Kung Fu beats all other martial arts)

Kentucky Fried Chokin
1/16/2008 1:14am,
Is he challenging people to forms competition, because as far as I know Wushu has never been used for anything but wire fighting? And since when is Karate and Tae Kwon Do (note the spelling) a clone of Shaolin Kung-fu?

attakmint
1/16/2008 1:27am,
San Mateo's near my hometown. I won't be back for a while, though. After Rudy left for LA, he recommended me a school... it might have been this one. Never went, though.

If everybody doesn't mind waiting a few months (in the middle of lacrosse season right now) I can go check it out.

TheMightyMcClaw
1/16/2008 1:37am,
They have got to be joking.
I do wushu. I know other people who do Wushu. Even those of us who consider it a martial art (rather than a martial arts-themed sport) hardly consider it t3h deadly.
On the upside, they offer the Yin to Wushu's Yang, San Shou.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
1/16/2008 1:38am,
That would make for a great challenge: Lacrosse vs. Wushu.

attakmint
1/16/2008 2:01am,
I can't wait until some idiot unlocks the secret Native American fighting techniques locked in Sport Lacrosse. Sign me up for Long Stick Kata!

And Lacrosse + 1 month of BJJ vs Wushu. Honestly, though, I'd probably just visit and necro this thread.

EDIT:
forgot, 1 year of Rudy Abel kung fu. Though I'm not expecting much from that.

colonelpong2
1/16/2008 2:19am,
Will ahve to tryu to find acopy of the results sheet.

Some wushu group held a competition a couple of years ago, from memory it was the oceania champs or something. For the first time they let other stylists in.

I didnt see the comp, but the results sheet had me in stitches. It named all the places where the winners of all the weight divisions in the "fighting" section trained. Not one of them trained wushu or any cma. They were almost all kickboxers or kyokushin.

One of the kickboxers who took the title against the wushu guys in his division had trained for less than a year too.

Hooded Justice
1/16/2008 2:32am,
I especially love that they offer toddler classes. That along with 50 minute classes makes this school the #1 in my book. Also "Practitioners of modern (not ancient mind you!) wushu focus on lightning-quick-form technique, combined with unbelievable jumping ability to give them an edge at any martial arts competition." F.T.W!

leec123
1/16/2008 4:23am,
hmmm.
if i remember rightly, the chinese put this challenge out many years ago.(first half of the 20th century sometime) The Muay Thai guys stepped up to the plate. 5 fights, all in different weight categories. The total accumulated time for all 5 fights was around 6 and a half minutes, with the chinese thoroughly beaten in every fight.

And more recently, the last kung fu stylist to win any major mma contest is................?
(answers on a postcard to the usual address)

Be careful what you post that can be construed as a challenge, someone may take you up on it.