PDA

View Full Version : Knife Attacks

Pages : [1] 2

BOXMAN
1/11/2008 5:11pm,
Would anyone know what percentage of knife attacks end up with the attacker using the butt end of the knife as opposed to the blade. Same can go for the edge versus point (slash vs stab).

SFGOON
1/11/2008 8:47pm,
Unless the attacker has trained extensively in Kali/RMA/military combatives almost zero.

To an untrained individual, doing something like that is tantamount to wiping your ass with your toothbrush.

Airman Kai
1/11/2008 8:56pm,
Would anyone know what percentage of knife attacks end up with the attacker using the butt end of the knife as opposed to the blade. Same can go for the edge versus point (slash vs stab).
Are you serious?

None, dude. None.

poidog
1/11/2008 9:18pm,
What, google doesn't work for you? I just found about 5 relevant articles in as many minutes with google regarding stab vs. slash. Do your own work, you'll appreciate it more.

And I doubt you're going to find any legitimate stats on butt vs. blade.

Aloha, Poi

Phoenix
1/11/2008 9:52pm,

I guess it probably happens.....but, I dunno...if I was gonna bludgeon someone, I could think of better tools to use than a knife.

Frenzal
1/17/2008 7:06pm,
Maybe when someone produces the knife to intimidate and, that done, then uses the butt to rough them up... I'd geuss that might happen now and then... but is it even a knife attack then?

Yrkoon9
1/18/2008 1:56am,
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/766/knifewounds1en9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Can you imagine the nasty bruises that the attacker would have left if he would have used the handle of the knife instead of the blade ?!?

rw4th
1/18/2008 2:40am,
Is there a point to your stupid question?

Maybe you can tell if there any statistics on people being bludgeoned by handguns rather then being shot by them?

SFGOON
1/18/2008 2:50am,
What about being poked with the handle of a baseball bat as opposed to clobbered with it?

How's about being hit with the chain bit of the numchucks?

Does people ever hit each other with the unbroken end of the broken bottle?

How's about trying some brass knuckles to a fishing line and whipping them about?

BOXMAN
1/18/2008 7:49am,
Is there a point to your stupid question?

Maybe you can tell if there any statistics on people being bludgeoned by handguns rather then being shot by them?

Yea, there are many cases where the blunt end of a knife is used and it's more deadly than a slash. I asked because I wanted to possibly find a statistic on it. You dont think people get pistol whipped? They only get shot huh?

And your avitar saying is a disgrace to human kind. Any loved ones get raped? Show them that you JO.

BOXMAN
1/18/2008 7:56am,
What about being poked with the handle of a baseball bat as opposed to clobbered with it?

How's about being hit with the chain bit of the numchucks?

Does people ever hit each other with the unbroken end of the broken bottle?

How's about trying some brass knuckles to a fishing line and whipping them about?

No, I'd think people would use a bat as intended but they dont always use it with knives and guns because not all attacks are to kill. Many robbers dont really want that murder rap much.

Numchucks I know nothing about

Bottles? yes, ever see someone get hit with the bottom of a Heinz 57 bottle? The unbroken part.

Brass Knuckles, there's probably some CMA that uses this type of weapon.

rw4th
1/18/2008 11:12am,
No, I'd think people would use a bat as intended

To play baseball?

krood1: you are the weakest link, goodbye.

BOXMAN
1/18/2008 11:21am,
Bye, be well.

Rivington
1/18/2008 11:22am,
Yea, there are many cases where the blunt end of a knife is used and it's more deadly than a slash. .

Hahaha, what elbow-throwing strip mall retard told you that one?

Let's put it this way: when you prepare vegetables in your kitchen, or cut a stake in a restaurant, which end of the knife do you make contact with? Is it the blade, or the MORE DEADLY handle? How come people aren't leaving stakehouses in body bags.

BOXMAN
1/18/2008 11:29am,
You'd rather get clobbered in the head with a metal handle than slashed? Taking about a basic slash here.

Do your research, it's out there.

Rivington
1/18/2008 11:33am,
You'd rather get clobbered in the head with a metal handle than slashed? Taking about a basic slash here.

Of course I would. And so would you. Let's put it this way: go get a knife from your kitchen right now. Tell me when you are back at your computer with it and I'll give you the next instruction for this object lesson.