PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Picture of the Time Unit - Caption that Picture

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

PizDoff
1/07/2008 3:29pm,
Place: Submission wrestling tournament, standard sub wrestling rules.

You're the guy on the bottom. The guy on top, is a BJJ Purple Belt and very good at using his weight to achieve/maintain positions.

What do you do?

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/chubbynewyear.jpg

Seriously, what would you do?

partyboy
1/07/2008 3:33pm,
Have your teammates hold out a plate of buttered shrimp while you shrimp?

KhorneliusPraxx
1/07/2008 3:37pm,
First, I would make a face exactly like the guy pictured.
Second, I yell, "TAP!"
Third, if the guy isn't getting off of me fast enough, I yell, "Get the **** off of me!"

kismasher
1/07/2008 3:37pm,
titty twister?

srsly, just try to keep moving and hope his cardio is smaller than his thigh.

PizDoff
1/07/2008 3:39pm,
Sorry, thread won already!
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4949

Okay, I got it.

It's the ol' "bottle rocket" strategy. According to my (flimsy at best) scientific know-how, all that pressure being exerted on the right side of his body could actually benefit the man on the bottom. You see, the rolls of fat draped over his sides create pressure not only from on top, BUT ALSO THE SIDES. This makes it excedingly easy for the bottom man to just scoot his hips out. Why is he not doing this, then, if the answer is so patently obvious? Simple. The "bottle rocket" principle is a highly dangerous one; if he scoots out too aggressively his body may go shooting out like a champaign cork and go flying into the audience, sans right arm, leaving a gingerbread man-shaped hole in the wall. If I were him, I'd just play it safe and radio in an air raid.

That picture is over 3 years old, he's probably at least a brown belt by now!

Crawfinski
1/07/2008 3:42pm,
titty twister?

Beat me to it.

1. Suffocate
2. Cry
3. The guys isn't all that "firm" so, I might try wiggling/swimming through the rolls and escape from the other side.

Vince Tortelli
1/07/2008 3:51pm,
Turkish oil check?

HongKongFukYu
1/07/2008 3:54pm,
Sorry, thread won already!
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4949

Okay, I got it.
It's the ol' "bottle rocket" strategy. According to my (flimsy at best) scientific know-how, all that pressure being exerted on the right side of his body could actually benefit the man on the bottom. You see, the rolls of fat draped over his sides create pressure not only from on top, BUT ALSO THE SIDES. This makes it excedingly easy for the bottom man to just scoot his hips out. Why is he not doing this, then, if the answer is so patently obvious? Simple. The "bottle rocket" principle is a highly dangerous one; if he scoots out too aggressively his body may go shooting out like a champaign cork and go flying into the audience, sans right arm, leaving a gingerbread man-shaped hole in the wall. If I were him, I'd just play it safe and radio in an air raid.

That picture is over 3 years old, he's probably at least a brown belt by now!

At the risk of asking an incredibly dumb question, when Boyd said "scoot his hips out", does he mean shrimp away from him (meaning the guy on bottom will be facing him and be on his left hip?

Don Gwinn
1/07/2008 3:57pm,
That picture gives me hope . . . . hope that there's a Mizuno gi out there I could wear.

KhorneliusPraxx
1/07/2008 4:26pm,
I was going to say something about it resembling you and BFM grappling at St. Louis Throwdown I but I thought that would sound mean. Much Love,

KP

Jadonblade
1/07/2008 4:31pm,
I wonder if he even bothers to finish with a sub, a belly smother would be devastating in the position.

kungfu2u
1/07/2008 4:46pm,
Place: Submission wrestling tournament, standard sub wrestling rules.

You're the guy on the bottom. The guy on top, is a BJJ Purple Belt and very good at using his weight to achieve/maintain positions.

What do you do?

http://www.bullshido.net/gallery/data/500/chubbynewyear.jpg

Seriously, what would you do?

I'd know how Captain Ahab felt!

Rooster
1/07/2008 4:48pm,
A heartattack looks imminent for him. I'd see if I could raise his blood pressure by calling him names.

Cuchulain
1/07/2008 5:06pm,
Assimilate?

If you can't beat 'em...

fightin Penguin
1/07/2008 5:09pm,
Turkish oil check?

Ew, GHEY!

I guess just try to wiggle out, scoot your hips, etc. Maybe "accidentaly" grab his chest hairs and rip some out quickly? Use your left arm, and bash his nuts, but disguise it as a reversal and hook one of his legs? Release a smelly, ****-making fart and hope he gets and and throws up and submits? Or imagine the TOP guy doing that, but before that shfting his body so he farts on the top guy's face. That would be hilarious.

sochin101
1/07/2008 5:09pm,
is the guy on the bottom gasping "no, dude, I don't have your bucket!"?