PDA

View Full Version : how are bas ruttens big books of combat???

GenkiSudo
11/03/2003 12:01am,
does anyone have these books, i am thinking of buying them, I have been studying so much no time for anything else, i really think i should enjoy reading these books, over break, own it too my self, do u think these books are good???

blankslate
11/03/2003 12:03am,
Those are some good books, they are nice and BIG.

GenkiSudo
11/03/2003 12:09am,
i don't know if it my reply was sent, but

anyways,

i have bas's intructional video's, which i enjoyed very much, are they similar to those, or is the book a play by play of the instructionals???

GS

blankslate
11/03/2003 12:20am,
I think Fingerormoon or Matt W has those and did a review of them.. Very positive from what I understand...this might be the time to try the search engine here...hang on.

blankslate
11/03/2003 12:25am,
It was FOM you n00bbitc--oh you've been a membe since 2002. Well, I'm a supporting member. Send FOM a PM and ask him to visit this thread. Good Luck.

The new search engine is handy.

GenkiSudo
11/03/2003 12:34am,
yeah, i've just been so busy with school, and stuff, i just figured, i'd buy this and stuff, to just read it whenever i had spare time which is hardly never, and just try moves when i train again, and what is his e-mail, maybe he will see, this, and post, i have not been on much due too school.

GS

FingerorMoon?
11/03/2003 1:56am,
Hey all,
I haven't seen any instructional videos with Bas so I can't comment on them.
(are the reviews up on this site yet ?)

I do know that the photos for the books were taken especially FOR the books, they are not screen grabs of any videos.

The books themselves are amazing. The paper is cheap and flimsy but since they are the size of phonebooks, we can forgive them for that.

They detail everything you could possibly think of if you're interested in MMA. That includes warming up, stretching, weight training (well what Bas does anyway), conditioning, stand up striking, clinch fighting, transitioning, take downs, ground and pound, submissions, escapes, reversals. Its all there.

What puts them over the top and makes them worth getting though is the accompanying CDs. You've GOT to have these, do not buy the books by themselves. Pictures alone are static but listening to Bas explain things as you read really does change the way you view these books, and the info you will take from them.

Bas goes over everything in detail (pointing out lots of little detail you might miss), and he is a funny guy.

"Use this move when putting an armbar on a strong guy. Imagine it is the Hulk. No wait, Hulk is too strong for any armbar. Imagine it is Batman! Yes, here we are trying to put an armbar on Batman!" - Bas Rutten.

I **** you not, that appears on one of the audio CDs that comes with book 2.

Order them from:
http://www.masterfighter.net/
which was setup to specifically sell the product.
At the moment you can get a good deal with free grappling gloves and free shipping in the US.

If its books you are after that cover everything, you won't regret buying the books.
Saying that, I much prefer Tony Cecchine's Catch Wrestling DVDs
http://www.catchwrestle.com/laohinfo.htm
There is a lifetime of submission info on these. They just rule, plain and simple.

GenkiSudo
11/03/2003 8:07am,
thank u for ur insight

did u purchase them off sherdog??

i see them for 99.99 dollars, do those come with the audio CD's

thanks again

GS

FingerorMoon?
11/03/2003 4:51pm,
I purchased them off the Masterfighter website I listed.
The CDs add more to the price (but there are 6 of them). I don't think you can get them from Sherdog.

GenkiSudo
11/05/2003 2:48am,
yeah i'm gonna get them then over their, it looks like a good price still, is the paper really like phone book paper?? like toilet paper thin??

Fatality Dragon
11/05/2003 3:43am,
DAMN! I was gonna to ask for those books for christmas, but I guess since I can't hear it is useless!

J-kid
11/05/2003 3:49am,
I have seen the books and they are pretty good.

Boyd
11/05/2003 4:51pm,
"Use this move when putting an armbar on a strong guy. Imagine it is the Hulk. No wait, Hulk is too strong for any armbar. Imagine it is Batman! Yes, here we are trying to put an armbar on Batman!" - Bas Rutten.

+5 million points.

FingerorMoon?
11/05/2003 5:23pm,
DAMN! I was gonna to ask for those books for christmas, but I guess since I can't hear it is useless!

Don't get me wrong guys, they are still great, they are just so much better with the CDs...

****, I just realised who posted this. FD - I thought you mean't you didn't have a CD player ;)

yeah i'm gonna get them then over their, it looks like a good price still, is the paper really like phone book paper?? like toilet paper thin??

It is very thin, although not literally bad as phone book paper.
Its not like the pages will easily tear.
The pictures are still defined and visible.

However, you've got to remember these books are an actual 500+ pages each. The books are big and thick now. If they were printed on thicker, higher quality paper each book would be enormous.

GenkiSudo
11/06/2003 3:04am,
thank u for taking the time to respond to my post, i will purchase them soon!!!!

i really am exciting to see whats inside these books