PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pick to be the new IFL coaches?

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/29/2007 12:45am,
With the recent firing of coaches such as Maurice Smith, Carlos Newton, and Don Frye there seems to be some openings for new coaches, unless the IFL decides to abandon those cities and send the fighters to other teams. My question is who would you pick to be the new coaches for the IFL and why?

Remember the IFL seems to be very lax in their hiring standards (they did hire Don Frye), so donít feel constricted by such things such as technical ability, a successful career, or a famous name (who the hell in Ken Yasuda?). My personal pick is Bob Sapp. He could share his knowledge of steroids and marketing with the young fighters.

WhiteShark
12/29/2007 8:43am,
I think they should go with movie star coaches next. Like Van Damme, Seagal and Chuck Norris!

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/29/2007 2:34pm,
I would love to see Chuck Norris take one of his WCL teams to the IFL. They would get taken down and tapped out constantly.

UpaLumpa
12/29/2007 2:44pm,
The new IFL format makes this thread wrong.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/29/2007 2:57pm,
I know, but from what I understand, the IFL is still going to add new coaches to replace some of the ones that were fired.

Omega Supreme
12/29/2007 3:33pm,
The new IFL format makes this thread wrong.

What's the new format.

(I would want Matt Hume as one of the coaches btw)

ChickenBeakFist
12/29/2007 3:43pm,
What's the new format.

(I would want Matt Hume as one of the coaches btw)

From what I understand the new format will be "camps" as opposed to teams. So you'll have like "Miletich Fighting Systems" vs. "Renzo Gracie Academy" which will allow them to pull from a wider selection of fighters. It won't be fixed teams anymore

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/29/2007 3:49pm,
There will also be a new weight class and belt holders for each weight class.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/29/2007 3:50pm,
But cities like Seattle (mine) still need a coach, and would love it they got Hume.

heyguy
12/29/2007 10:10pm,
I think they should go with movie star coaches next. Like Van Damme, Seagal and Chuck Norris!

This would be hilarious.

Actually even better would be a reality show starring these guys. They would have to train in mma and fight each other in the end.

Emevas
12/29/2007 10:34pm,
Tank Abbott and John Hess

Kid Miracleman
12/29/2007 11:08pm,
If the format is being changed from teams to camps, I hope we see Xtreme Couture participate. That would be the bee's knees.

maurice
12/30/2007 1:29am,
The IFL already has a lot of Couture-affiliated fighters. Couture was in Hieron's corner during the 1st round of the Grand Prix, and it seemed like Tompkins cornered 30% of the fighters, though he was released from his formal IFL coaching assignment.

Kentucky Fried Chokin
12/30/2007 4:49pm,
I really hope Black House makes a showing and destroys that damn Wolfpack.