PDA

View Full Version : MT Bullshido? (Read first)

KFighter
12/16/2007 7:32pm,
http://www.brujojiujitsu.com/main/default.aspx

This is a BJJ school in a town close to me. It's taught by Mike Rose, an amazing technician. I've done class over there, and theyre very good and technical with their BJJ. So before you read on, I just wanna say their BJJ is totally legit.

But now their Muay Thai....

On their website, it has no mention of any Muay Thai instructor. Which leads me to believe that Mike is teaching their Muay Thai, and he has never had Muay Thai training. I've heard that alot of BJJ schools are adding Muay Thai classes, but dont actually have any Muay Thai instructor. They just sorta use generic striking mixed in with elbow/knee strikes.

Does anyone know Mike more closely then I and can comment of his Muay Thai class.

KFighter
12/16/2007 7:52pm,
ttttt

jnp
12/16/2007 8:15pm,
ttttt
Don't ever do that 'ttt' **** here.

Have you asked Mr. Rose about his MT instructor or his own qualifications yourself? If not, you should have done this before you started this thread.

If you're close enough to train there, you're close enough to check it out yourself. We are not here to hold your hand.

KFighter
12/16/2007 8:18pm,
Don't ever do that 'ttt' **** here.

Have you asked Mr. Rose about his MT instructor or his own qualifications yourself? If not, you should have done this before you started this thread.

If you're close enough to train there, you're close enough to check it out yourself. We are not here to hold your hand.

It was just a friendly, curious question. No need to get pissed off. I figuered there might be a person woh knows Mike or his school more then I. And btw, I tried to get a hold of them, nothing. Left a message though.

Askari
12/16/2007 8:32pm,
Dont worry, I've taken the liberty of emailing him a question with a link to this thread.

RandomTriangle
12/16/2007 8:38pm,
i know the school i go to is guilty of NOT keeping its web page up-to-date.

Maybe he's the same?

KFighter
12/16/2007 8:55pm,
i know the school i go to is guilty of NOT keeping its web page up-to-date.

Maybe he's the same?

No.

He's updated the class schedule to add MT and NHB, but no words on the MT instructor.

And btw, I dont think he checks his email.

Askari
12/17/2007 8:03am,
No.

He's updated the class schedule to add MT and NHB, but no words on the MT instructor.

And btw, I dont think he checks his email.Why dont you just call them and ask then?

Lu Tze
12/17/2007 8:17am,
Why not ask him in person?

Jadonblade
12/17/2007 8:44am,
Why not challenge him to a MT fight?

KhorneliusPraxx
12/17/2007 9:18am,
I would assume there are plenty of Thai Boxing Association instructors in the Chicago area...you may have to drive a bit to get to one. Their website is currently in wacky...parts are down...new parts are up...things being updated. Check it often...as soon as it is all back up and running, you will be able to find one.

jnp
12/17/2007 9:33am,
It was just a friendly, curious question. No need to get pissed off. I figuered there might be a person woh knows Mike or his school more then I. And btw, I tried to get a hold of them, nothing. Left a message though.
It's good that you already called them. If you had stated this in your initial post, I wouldn't have made my post.

As a few others have suggested and if he doesn't respond to your previous call, try going there and ask Mr. Rose politely who teaches MT and what qualifications they have. Anything other than a straightforward reply to your question is a red flag in my opinion.

KFighter
12/17/2007 2:10pm,
It's good that you already called them. If you had stated this in your initial post, I wouldn't have made my post.

As a few others have suggested and if he doesn't respond to your previous call, try going there and ask Mr. Rose politely who teaches MT and what qualifications they have. Anything other than a straightforward reply to your question is a red flag in my opinion.

Yes, I apologize sir.

I just have been seeing this all over the net, so I got a worry. Alot of BJJ schools have their BJJ teachers teach MT with no qualifications or experience.

KhorneliusPraxx
12/18/2007 11:50am,
http://www.thaiboxing.com/tba-schools.html

KFighter
12/19/2007 6:34pm,
That link has really nothing to do with the subject.