PDA

View Full Version : MMA Results.....NOT!!

Omega Supreme
10/30/2003 3:57pm,
I meant to put this up earlier but I've been a little swamped.

For those of you newbies to the MMA world there use to be and still are underground MMA fights. Well I was at one of them the other day that got broken up by the police. The promoter was arrested and all my fellow fighters had to go home completely bummed out.

While I find this quite humorous because it wasn't the first time this has happened me I'm pretty sure it was a shocker to most of the other guys. Of course I also thought it was humorous because I wasnt' the one training for weeks and months to get in there.

My advice to J-kid, and anybody else who decides to step in the ring in the future is, make sure you know weather the match you are doing is legal or not. You will technically be liable for damages, and be arrested in some cases if they are not and your match has already happened. I've only seen one time where that has happened though.

But the way a quick FYI for those of us who are ignorant of it.

Before and a litle after the UFC and the introduction to the Octagon, most MMA/NHB matches were done in boxing rings, matted floors, and dirt. Not too dis-similiar to the movie "Lionheart" with Jean "I'm a clod" Van Damme. Several UFC fighters have fought in such venues including;

Mark Hall
Brian Johnston
Shonie Carter
Harold Howard
and
David Abbot.

Dochter
10/30/2003 5:03pm,
LIAR!! STFU NooB!

...sorry no one else was responding though

FingerorMoon?
10/30/2003 5:26pm,
The first rule of this NHB tournament is you do NOT talk about this NHB tournament.

The second rule of ....

PizDoff
10/30/2003 5:29pm,
"I see the number of NHB fighters here have grown in number....."

Blad3
10/30/2003 5:33pm,
lol.

I've read a book on underground fighting, it's not really "MMA" but it sounds basically almost just the same (er... except you're like five times as likely to die.)

Budd
10/30/2003 5:35pm,
Originally posted by Blad3
lol.

I've read a book on underground fighting, it's not really "MMA" but it sounds basically almost just the same (er... except you're like five times as likely to die.)

Cool . . . what book?

Deadpan Scientist
10/30/2003 5:49pm,
Originally posted by Blad3
lol.

Quick blade, what's 5 times 0 ?

Dochter
10/30/2003 7:07pm,
42?

Dochter
10/30/2003 7:07pm,
42?

No wait that's something else.

Omega Supreme
10/30/2003 9:42pm,
Hey Dochter, I think I saw you on Reno 911.

bwhaahahahaahahhahha....

heh,

anywho, I never said they were fight clubs though you sometimes you may think so.

Dochter
10/31/2003 2:04pm,
Originally posted by omega
Hey Dochter, I think I saw you on Reno 911.

bwhaahahahaahahhahha....

That show is actually a big hit in the town.

Love the guy from Kids in the Hall.:D

...It is a bit odd of a transition to go from No.Cal to Reno, luckily I am heavily insulated and pretty much confine myself to academia and gyms.

P.S. It snowed today! I grew up in a very different sort of desert so for me that is kind of a big deal.