PDA

View Full Version : After chiding Bullshido.com, MA instructor Terry Clemets pleads guilty...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kungfoolss
12/12/2007 3:15pm,
Child cruelty case results in probation

Published 12/12/07 in The Times-Herald

By ELIZABETH RICHARDSON
[email protected]

Martial arts instructor Terry Clements has pleaded guilty to second degree cruelty to children for a Nov. 10, 2006, incident in which he was accused of shaking his girlfriend's 16-month-old son to the point of causing brain damage.

The original case against Clements, which included charges of aggravated assault, aggravated battery and cruelty to children, was dismissed by the Coweta District Attorney's Office, and Clements was re-accused on the new charge of second degree cruelty to children for the same incident, according to Assistant District Attorney for the Coweta Judicial Circuit Andrea Newton.

Clements pleaded guilty to the charge on a first offender status. The hearing was presided over by Judge Marion Cummings. Clements was sentenced to 10 years probation, a $1,000 fine to cover court costs, and the requirement that he attend parenting classes since he recently had a child with his girlfriend, the mother of the victim. Based on information from the toddler's family, he is doing better and has not exhibited any indication of long-term brain damage during developmental milestones, according to Newton.

On Nov. 10, 2006, Clements was at 11 Church St. in Grantville babysitting his live-in girlfriend's 16-month-old while she was at work. The child had reportedly been sick the week prior to the incident and was getting better. Clements told the authorities that he was spinning the baby around by his arms when the baby began having seizures and went unconscious, according to Newton. The child was taken to Newnan Hospital for treatment, and doctors found subdural bleeding. The child was then transported to Scottish Rite in Atlanta where doctors found retinal hemorrhages in both eyes, in addition to bleeding in the front and rear lobes of the child's brain. Hospital staff told local law enforcement that the child's injuries were consistent with "shaken baby syndrome" and that they didn't believe the trauma was accidental.

Clements was forced to undergo psychological testing, which did not indicate any mental illness. He was represented by Bill Stemberger of Newnan law firm Stemberger, Cummins & Arnall. Clements states on his Web site that he is an instructor of a form of martial arts he created called "Bealach de Cath," or "Way of Battle."

http://content.times-herald.com/314688802959597.bsp

Kungfoolss
12/12/2007 3:26pm,
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21362&page=18

A supporter of Terry Clements -

jbc242

11-14-2007, 08:50 AM #178

As for the charactor of the martial-arts instructor - he literally has hundreds in the city of Newnan alone who would attest to his bright demeanor and unlimited patience, including his students who love him dearly. The investigators for the DA were not able to find a single person to speak negatively of Terry - not even the father of the child.

As for my veracity? I can give you my word - its qualifications are at the mercy of your subjective whims. I shall endeavor immediately to find any information I can foward to you as a source if you would like... I'll honestly do what I can to help you understand.

Thank you,
J.B.C.

The founder of the way of battle -

MasserTerry

11-19-2007, 07:39 AM #179

To whom this concerns,
My name is Terry Clements. I am the founder of Bealach De Cath, or Way Of Battle. I am writing to rebute the misinformed "kungfool" who has made assumptions and accusations based on nothing but a stupid small town article published in a stupid small town. I am the victim of our judicial syestem's flaws. Yes, I was FALSELY arrested, and WRONGFULLY accused of shaken baby syndrome, otherwise knwon as SBS. My brother saw the post of "Kungfooless" and has posted a rebutal already, so I am not going to try and convince anyone of my martial arts history. Just know, as a Martial Artist, I find it completely unmartialarts like to make it a point to go and post misinformed threads about other fellow martial artists. The case is over. The SBS charges have been dropped. The child is extremely well, and not only is he athletic and mobile, but he is learning to talk and communicate just as any normal 2 year old would. He WAS double vaccinated, and a very respectable neurologists has not only said that he believes that the siezures stemmed from problems since birth, but also that with a boy his size, and age that there would have HAD to be some type of Fractures, bruises, breaks, or prints on his body to which there were NONE. If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings. Patience, Ji Yen Yen! Don't believe everything you read until all the facts are presented. Sincerey, Master Terry Clementsl

and -

MasserTerry

11-29-2007, 09:59 AM #185

My problem with the original article has been eradicated. Unfortunately I am finding publishings and threads such as, and reminding people not to believe everything they read. Where is your justification in posting that article with out knowing all the facts? The media exaggerates, and lies to get a reaction from unintelligent, lower class, uneducated trash. The only justification you have is that you are one of those unfortunate people like I mentioned above. I don't think you are, atleast I hope not. Everything they said in that article, with the acception of who was accused, was wrong. (and may I add wrongully accused) It even said that my fiance's son was a girl. This is not an attack on you, it's not an attack on anyone. I was just hoping you would see the flaw in posting such articles with out knowing all the facts. You were wrong in doing so in my case. I'm not even asking for an apology, I don't want an apology. My retribution will not come from a small thread and an apology, I'm above that. I will continue on in my life knowing I said what needed to be said. I hope the best for you, and for anyone else who may read this thread. Good luck, take care.

MasserTerry

11-30-2007, 11:56 AM #187

The flaw is that a place like this exist on-line. Look at it from a different perspective, as if it had happened to you. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Nothing more. My eradification came from deprivation of character, and not only did I feel this way about the article, but so did the judge. If the article on-line does not state the gender of the child, then they were smart enough to go back and change what the orginal stated, which I have a copy of. No insults, just facts. I'm sorry if you took offense. Obviously you felt as if I was talking to you. This will be the last post I make. I still wish you all the best, just think about it from all angles, and maybe, hopefully you might change your mind about a site like this. If not...oh well. :)

Kungfoolss
12/12/2007 3:31pm,
If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings. Patience, Ji Yen Yen! Don't believe everything you read until all the facts are presented. Sincerey, Master Terry Clementsl

Master Terry Clements, I look forward to your "reply" of this recent turn of events.

ironlurker
12/12/2007 3:35pm,
If anything I hope that my reply will keep "kungfooless" from further damaging the reputations of respectable martial artists and human beings.

That's pretty funny.

Sam Browning
12/12/2007 3:36pm,
His only possible reply would be that the newspaper article is wrong and that he did not actually pled guilty to this charge. At that point I would obtain court records to confirm or deny this defense.

Kungfoolss
12/12/2007 3:40pm,
His only possible reply would be that the newspaper article is wrong and that he did not actually pled guilty to this charge. At that point I would obtain court records to confirm or deny this defense.

I'd be impressed if he or his brother would be silly enough to post a response.

Jadonblade
12/12/2007 4:07pm,
Is he still allowed to teach MA?

Featherstone
12/12/2007 4:22pm,
Wow, not only is he a schlep and a baby shaking low life, he has very poor grammar for someone who thinks that there better then the rest of us.

exception not acception etc...

lamokio
12/12/2007 5:04pm,
My Question in this is what the mother's responce to this. Did she testify for or against him.

PizDoff
12/12/2007 5:41pm,
I remember that guy, don't know if he could even see the keyboard from his high horse.

Wow, not only is he a schlep and a baby shaking low life, he has very poor grammar for someone who thinks that there better then the rest of us.

exception not acception etc...

Quoted for the LOLZ. I hope you don't need me to highlight it for you.

Chizilds
12/12/2007 5:45pm,
LOL Piz beat me too it.... They’re what? lol

MasserTerry
3/26/2008 4:25pm,
It is unfortunate that I am on here again, having to do this. PLEASE get the court records so you may see that what I'm about to write is TRUE, and without exaggeration. As the origianl article above states, the SBS charges were DISMISSED! A second article was released to help vindicate my name, and explain the true nature of what actually went on in court. They did not post it on their website, but I have a copy of it here and have scanned it in to my computer, and am more than willing to send kungfoolss a copy. I was re-charged to Cruelty to children 2nd (negligence) and pled guilty ONLY under Alford vs North Carolina. For those of you who are not familiar with the plea you can google it and it will explain everything. Basically, it is a plea saying you will take the charge while still protesting your innocence, but that the only reason you are taking the "deal" is because it is in your best interest to do so. (Also known as a "best interest" plea) Why was it in my best interest? First of all, the trial would have been a battle of the experts. One doctor says this and then the other says that. The EXPERT witness (a published, and renowned neurologist), Dr. Ronald Usckinski (you may also google him) was my witness to argue the facts of the case. He completely disagreed with the intial report and diagnosis. He wrote to the court a letter explaining that the child was a victim of a chronic illness and that his vaccinations triggured this illness. He also stated the facts on how it was impossible for a 16 month child to be "shaken" with out any bruises, breaks, fractures, whip-lash, and fingerprints. There were 2 skeletal scans performed and both came back negative for any of the above mentioned. (and might I remind you that he was sick the whole week leading up to his seizures, vomiting and nose bleeds with extreme lethargy) The DA read this letter and then offered the plea. Usckinski would have cost 10,000 dollars A DAY for his testimony. I could not afford that, and even if I could have, it still would have been a battle of the doctors, and most importantly, I would have had to leave MY FATE in the hands of 12 redneck jurors from middle GA. Who knew if any of the 12 jurors had a family member or even a friend that they know who was abused, and then made an emotional decision rather than a rational, scientific decision. I did undergo a psych evaluation to which the results were "he is someone consistent to being NON-volatile or aggressive, he is a very sensitive man......" The mother of the child supported me through the entire ordeal and is now my wife. We have our own child together now and the child who had the seizures is with us. The judge released an order stating that I may reside and be alone with all of them at any given time. We live happily in our own home and the child is growing into a beautiful, talented and intelligent young boy. As for this site, I still hold the opinion I first had. Kungfoolss if you need a copy of the article please send me your e-mail and I will fwd it to you there. Hopefully you will post it here to help my cause. I don't hold any of you accountable for what the media has done to my name. I do however hold you accountable for allowing yourselves to be misled and misguided by such negligent and irresponsible reporting.

For a side note: you might want to check out vaccinations, and the effect the DTaP has on numerous children. (which is ONE of the vaccinations the child received before his seizures) Sincerely, Terry Clements

Snake Plissken
3/26/2008 4:32pm,
It is unfortunate that I am on here again, having to do this. PLEASE get the court records so you may see that what I'm about to write is TRUE, and without exaggeration. As the origianl article above states, the SBS charges were DISMISSED! A second article was released to help vindicate my name, and explain the true nature of what actually went on in court. They did not post it on their website, but I have a copy of it here and have scanned it in to my computer, and am more than willing to send kungfoolss a copy. I was re-charged to Cruelty to children 2nd (negligence) and pled guilty ONLY under Alford vs North Carolina. For those of you who are not familiar with the plea you can google it and it will explain everything. Basically, it is a plea saying you will take the charge while still protesting your innocence, but that the only reason you are taking the "deal" is because it is in your best interest to do so. (Also known as a "best interest" plea) Why was it in my best interest? First of all, the trial would have been a battle of the experts. One doctor says this and then the other says that. The EXPERT witness (a published, and renowned neurologist), Dr. Ronald Usckinski (you may also google him) was my witness to argue the facts of the case. He completely disagreed with the intial report and diagnosis. He wrote to the court a letter explaining that the child was a victim of a chronic illness and that his vaccinations triggured this illness. He also stated the facts on how it was impossible for a 16 month child to be "shaken" with out any bruises, breaks, fractures, whip-lash, and fingerprints. There were 2 skeletal scans performed and both came back negative for any of the above mentioned. (and might I remind you that he was sick the whole week leading up to his seizures, vomiting and nose bleeds with extreme lethargy) The DA read this letter and then offered the plea. Usckinski would have cost 10,000 dollars A DAY for his testimony. I could not afford that, and even if I could have, it still would have been a battle of the doctors, and most importantly, I would have had to leave MY FATE in the hands of 12 redneck jurors from middle GA. Who knew if any of the 12 jurors had a family member or even a friend that they know who was abused, and then made an emotional decision rather than a rational, scientific decision. I did undergo a psych evaluation to which the results were "he is someone consistent to being NON-volatile or aggressive, he is a very sensitive man......" The mother of the child supported me through the entire ordeal and is now my wife. We have our own child together now and the child who had the seizures is with us. The judge released an order stating that I may reside and be alone with all of them at any given time. We live happily in our own home and the child is growing into a beautiful, talented and intelligent young boy. As for this site, I still hold the opinion I first had. Kungfoolss if you need a copy of the article please send me your e-mail and I will fwd it to you there. Hopefully you will post it here to help my cause. I don't hold any of you accountable for what the media has done to my name. I do however hold you accountable for allowing yourselves to be misled and misguided by such negligent and irresponsible reporting.

For a side note: you might want to check out vaccinations, and the effect the DTaP has on numerous children. (which is ONE of the vaccinations the child received before his seizures) Sincerely, Terry Clements

tl;dr

paragraphs are your friend

Tom Kagan
3/26/2008 5:00pm,
... for a Nov. 10, 2006, incident ...

DTap and seizures

Another study from Dr. Davis[13] evaluated the risk of seizures after receipt of acellular pertussis vaccine in approximately 900,000 children. Using data from the Vaccine Safety Datalink Project, the authors evaluated seizure events before (1992-1996) and after (1997-1999) the change to acellular pertussis vaccine. Overall, the risk of all seizures (not just febrile seizures) when DTaP vaccine was administered was not different from the risk of seizure on a nonvaccine day. This lack of association was noted on the day of vaccine, day 1 after vaccine, and for up to 14 days after vaccine receipt. However, children who received whole cell pertussis vaccine had a 2.3 times greater risk for all seizures (over children without vaccine receipt) on the day of vaccine administration and a 2.6 times greater risk on the day after vaccine administration. The data show that acellular pertussis vaccine is much less likely to cause seizures compared with the whole cell vaccine. The data did show that children who receive acellular pertussis vaccine are more likely to have a febrile seizure immediately after vaccination than on nonvaccine days. This was to some extent expected, given that many children have elevated temperatures after vaccination with DTaP.

(Emphasis mine)

... where doctors found retinal hemorrhages in both eyes, in addition to bleeding in the front and rear lobes of the child's brain. ..

... and might I remind you that he was sick the whole week leading up to his seizures, vomiting and nose bleeds with extreme lethargy ...

IOW: All consistent with SBS occurring the week before the child was brought to the hospital. (I am told by the experts I know that SBS creates an unmistakable pattern of retinal hemorrhaging.)

... it was impossible for a 16 month child to be "shaken" with out any bruises, breaks, fractures, whip-lash, and fingerprints. ...

After a week had passed? Yes, it is. I could track down and introduce you to 2 of the many foster kids I've cared for over the years. However, since you are paraphrasing your expert witness, I'd be curious as to what he said in his own words exactly.

Sam Browning
3/26/2008 7:17pm,
As the origianl article above states, the SBS charges were DISMISSED! A second article was released to help vindicate my name, and explain the true nature of what actually went on in court. They did not post it on their website, but I have a copy of it here and have scanned it in to my computer, and am more than willing to send kungfoolss a copy. I was re-charged to Cruelty to children 2nd (negligence) and pled guilty ONLY under Alford vs North Carolina. For those of you who are not familiar with the plea you can google it and it will explain everything. Basically, it is a plea saying you will take the charge while still protesting your innocence, but that the only reason you are taking the "deal" is because it is in your best interest to do so. (Also known as a "best interest" plea)

Actually under North Carolina v. Alford, 400 U.S. 25 (1970) a so called Alford plea is still treated by the criminal justice system as a guilty plea. The defendant admits that the evidence against him is strong enough that if the case was tried that he would most probably lose.

So buddy, you still pled guilty to the lesser charge, its time to suck it up.

Wounded Ronin
3/27/2008 2:10am,
Suck it up and learn to use paragraphs, Terry.