PDA

View Full Version : Allo!

Rykert
12/11/2007 8:32pm,
Hi! I'm new here. ^^
I've known about this site for a while, and came to check out if a karate dojo around here was listed, because I wondered if it was legit.

ANYWAYS

I have about four years of experience in Kendo, which I stopped about a year and a half ago. Now i'm looking to try something new, preferably something hand to hand. There's a karate dojo about 30 seconds walk from my house, so I was considering going there. Personally, I'm curious about Muay Thai/kickboxing, though a friend suggested I should try Wing Chun.

Oh yeah, I live in Toronto. Wooo :D

-Rykert

TKDBot
12/11/2007 8:33pm,
Welcome aboard, Rykert! The Bullshido staff would welcome you personally, but the thing is they’re busy keeping the peace, so they’ve apointed me, a bot, to pat you on the back and assure you that in no way will you be harmed during your stay here at BS.net. Your views on the martial arts, your philosphy, maybe even your entire reason for being will be challenged, shattered, reorganized, melted down, and forged into something new and shiny, but we swear it will only hurt a little bit… at first.

ViciousFlamingo
12/11/2007 8:43pm,
I have about four years of experience in Kendo, which I stopped about a year and a half ago. Now i'm looking to try something new, preferably something hand to hand. There's a karate dojo about 30 seconds walk from my house, so I was considering going there. Personally, I'm curious about Muay Thai/kickboxing, though a friend suggested I should try Wing Chun.
Do Muay Thai, and get new friends. Welcome to Bullshido.

Rykert
12/11/2007 9:23pm,
Hahaha, thanks ^^

The question is, finding a place... Not that i've looked really hard yet.

Whosthemaster
12/11/2007 9:34pm,
Kendo? Oh my god, go learn an actual armed FIGHTING system - and by that I mean FMA!
Just joking :)

Rykert
12/11/2007 10:27pm,
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST?

Kidding

Well actually, before I got into kendo, I almost took Ninjutsu at some place
I'm still not sure if it was sketchy or not, but it was ridiculously more expensive

Whosthemaster
12/11/2007 10:29pm,
FULL METAL ALCHEMIST?

Kidding

Well actually, before I got into kendo, I almost took Ninjutsu at some place
I'm still not sure if it was sketchy or not, but it was ridiculously more expensive

Ninj.... man, don't try to fix it more, its getting worse hahaha

Rykert
12/11/2007 10:42pm,
Yeah yeah, I know. I was young and impressionable. I would have been in Grade Seven or something. This was before I knew **** from **** ^^;;

Whosthemaster
12/11/2007 10:44pm,
Yeah yeah, I know. I was young and impressionable. I would have been in Grade Seven or something. This was before I knew **** from **** ^^;;

But you manage to find your way into Kendo, so I guess you are still learning.... lol
Now seriously, go visit Muay Thai, Wing Chun and Karate schools. Ask for a introdutory class, talk to the teachers. And find what you like best. As simple as that.

And try an Arnis school as well. :)