PDA

View Full Version : How Un-Noob to challenge?

Gbemi
12/11/2007 11:57am,
Hello,

Since I'm a noob, I didn't want to put this in Throw Down. I've noticed there are quite a few guys here who would like more members to accept (and actually show up to) sparring challenges.

I'm a super noob, so my questions are:

1) Do the more experienced fighters who issue open challenges/ sparring offers accept that noobs step up?
2) How un-noob should I be before I step up? 3 months, 6 months, a year?
3) Don't want to sound like a biatch, but is it okay to ask for no face shots since I don't want to come back to work swollen?
4) Any Brooklyn, NYC folk game ? maybe springtime?

I'm not ready for a challenge yet, but I don't mind getting a whoopin if it will help me learn.

TKDBot
12/11/2007 11:58am,
BULL RUSH ON Gbemi!!!

Omega Supreme
12/11/2007 12:03pm,
Mega throwdown is supposed to be in New York this upcoming year.

RunningDog
12/11/2007 12:06pm,
You can train what you want in a TD, be honest about your level and what kind of intensity/contact you want. They are not challenge matches.

JohnnyCache
12/11/2007 12:10pm,
Hello,

Since I'm a noob, I didn't want to put this in Throw Down. I've noticed there are quite a few guys here who would like more members to accept (and actually show up to) sparring challenges.

I'm a super noob, so my questions are:

1) Do the more experienced fighters who issue open challenges/ sparring offers accept that noobs step up?
2) How un-noob should I be before I step up? 3 months, 6 months, a year?
3) Don't want to sound like a biatch, but is it okay to ask for no face shots since I don't want to come back to work swollen?
4) Any Brooklyn, NYC folk game ? maybe springtime?

I'm not ready for a challenge yet, but I don't mind getting a whoopin if it will help me learn.

A "challenge" implies some sort of grudge match, and we try to limit that sort of thing at official Bullshido events. A Throwdown is our name for a sparring meet-up. There's a good throwdown crew in NYC. You should just show up at one of their things and participate.

Gbemi
12/11/2007 1:26pm,
Thanks, guys for the advice and clearing up the terms. I appreciate it. I'm going to the TD forum now to search :5sonar: