PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Happy
12/05/2007 12:38am,
I've been lurking around here for a while, decided to join.
I've been practing Shaolin Kempo for 20 years now.
I also practice Yang Tai Chi, Aikido and a little bit of Ninjitsu.
I'm not into "traditional" martial arts per se, as I am more into applying
and modifying techniques for self defense. I know a lot of people rip on this style and that style ect.. however, there is some value to be had, from every style out there, IMHO.

Happy Holidays. :icon_mrgr

TKDBot
12/05/2007 12:39am,
So Happy, you decided to go ahead and register huh? Cool. Don't forget to review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83).

PizDoff
12/05/2007 12:43am,
I am Piz Doff the Jocund.

Welcome to the boards, I like your username.

Happy
12/05/2007 12:46am,
I am Piz Doff the Jocund.

Welcome to the boards, I like your username.

NJM
12/05/2007 12:53am,
I've been lurking around here for a while, decided to join.

I've been practing Shaolin Kempo for 20 years now.
I also practice Yang Tai Chi, Aikido and a little bit of Ninjitsu.
I'm not into "traditional" martial arts per se, as I am more into applying
and modifying techniques for self defense. I know a lot of people rip on this style and that style ect.. however, there is some value to be had, from every style out there, IMHO.

Happy Holidays. :icon_mrgr

Could we get a link to your school? Just curious.

Happy
12/05/2007 1:15am,
Could we get a link to your school? Just curious.
Hey Hi,
The School that I learned Shaolin Kempo from, does not exist any more.
From conversations that I have had with people, I guess it is / was more "Mitose" then anything else. No techniques like Western U.S. Kempo. More like Karate and Kung Fu, with arm / wrist joint locks and some ground work.
I have taught friends and family members in the past. I, myself, do not have a web site.
(although I should have "something" up, I do know basic html)

Yang Tai Chi Chuan - I learned from my Late Uncle first, he would show me fighting applications from the form, not just the form.
I later learned Yang Tai from two instructors, from direct Yang family line.

Aikido - I learned that from a Sensei of Aiki-Aiki Dojo. He was a bit differn't then some of the other instructors that I met. He actually had me throw my fastest punches at him. Couldn't land "one" punch. LOL.. Really nice guy, he also, practiced more for self-defense, then anything else.

The most I practice now a days.. I have to admit.. is Yang Tai Chi.. mainly because I suffer from a "dislocated" collarbone, that can only be "bolted" thru my collorbone into my sternum. That injury I got from a .. uh.. "friendly contest". Sometimes you play, you pay.

Any other questions, I'd be happy (no pun) to answer.

Natural Fistic
12/05/2007 1:31am,
It's always gonna be tough training with an injury. Welcome to the board.

Happy
12/05/2007 1:38am,
It's always gonna be tough training with an injury. Welcome to the board.
Thanks.. Your right.. it been tough practicing or anything for that matter.
Originally, my collarbone was pressing against my left sternomastoid neck muscle.. and that was causing neuritis sensations on the left part of my head. I was finally able to get rid of that, with help of a chiropractor, however, my left shoulder and other chest muscles close to the colorbone and shoulder area are affected by this. If I can just make the muscles around the collorbone stronger, I can delay the collarbone breaking away from my sternum. The doctor does not recommend the bolt surgery until it happens.