PDA

View Full Version : Off-Site Gun Storage

Pages : [1] 2

money
12/03/2007 9:58am,
So I'm thinking about buying a pistol to do some target shooting, but I don't want to keep it at home. Any suggestions on a way to store a firearm that would allow me to go pick it up at odd hours to head to the range? :qleft3:

I have friends who wouldn't have a problem keeping it for me, but I'd rather not impose if I don't have to.

ka_ju_max
12/03/2007 10:04am,
don't know what the laws are about that down there, I would just invest in a good safe and keep your firearms locked

money
12/03/2007 10:07am,
Not an option, not going to keep it in the house.

CannibalCrowley
12/03/2007 12:15pm,
If you can't get a friend to do it, then you're probably going to have to give up and keep it at home. I've never heard of a 24 hours civilian armory. People who own firearms generally aren't so scared of them that they can't keep them at home.

pauli
12/03/2007 2:35pm,
car safe.

also, my local range rents lockers for this purpose.

Frank White
12/03/2007 2:37pm,
Great way to arm car thieves.

mad_malk
12/03/2007 4:51pm,
Well the only thing i can think of that allowes 24-hour acess would be a storage place that will let you install a safe. Rent aplace have a safe bolted tot he ground and offiste storage. just make shure the place allowes 24-hour acess as some places don't. And Don't ask about installing it just do it.

money
12/03/2007 5:34pm,
If you can't get a friend to do it, then you're probably going to have to give up and keep it at home. I've never heard of a 24 hours civilian armory. People who own firearms generally aren't so scared of them that they can't keep them at home.
I'm afraid it might sneak in my room and rape me in the night.

Yrkoon9
12/03/2007 6:07pm,
You are afraid your kids would get ahold of it, or afraid your wife may find out you bought a handgun?

Both situations are remedied with proper education.

Phrost
12/03/2007 6:12pm,
24 Hour Fitness. --> Executive Membership. --> Dedicated Locker --> Lockbox chained to the clothes hanger pole.

Best I can come up with. YMMV, they are, apparently, not responsible for lost or stolen items. It says so on the sticker inside the door.

0killMe
10/17/2008 3:14pm,
I Wish to Resurrect this dead topic in the Name of posing a Question!

Nid
10/17/2008 4:53pm,
What the **** kind of faggotry is this?

You can't keep one gun in the house?

Don't even bother then. Jesus.

Just rent them at a range if you're that much of a sally.

What's more, that meth lab in your 'bama garage is hundreds of times more dangerous than a fully loaded firearm.

Hawkeye
10/18/2008 6:22pm,
What the **** kind of faggotry is this?

You can't keep one gun in the house?

Don't even bother then. Jesus.

Just rent them at a range if you're that much of a sally.

What's more, that meth lab in your 'bama garage is hundreds of times more dangerous than a fully loaded firearm.

HAW HAW HAW. Kein, you took the words out of my mouth and just made my day.

DerAuslander
10/18/2008 6:51pm,
Money must be a closet Canadian.

Nid
10/19/2008 6:39am,
For chrissake they even make things like GUN LOCKS and GUN SAFES!

In fact, last I noticed, all new guns came WITH a lock.

meataxe
10/19/2008 2:53pm,
They experimented with that here (near Ottawa I think). They created a storage facility where the guns could be safely locked up, then the owners could pick them up and do target practice.

The result was that they had hundreds of guns safely locked up.

...and it got robbed.