PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone

Kali11324
12/02/2007 11:04pm,
Hey,
I came over here from somethingawful.com. Phrost started the one and only Martial Arts thread on that sight and after participating in that I thought it's be a good idea and come over to check this site out.

I've study different martial arts throughout my life. One of the obsticals that came up in the past was that I moved a whole bunch. So I went to a karate school on Long Island (NY) for a while then moved to Queens and studied at Progressive Martial Arts for about 3 years. When I started I was there 5-6 days a week, then life kinda got in the way. I graduated college and got a job teaching and suddenly I had a hell of a lot less free time.

Next I moved back to Long Island and I couldn't find a good school. I shopped around looking for one, taking a couple classes here and a couple there but nothing steady.

Then I ended up in San Diego, CA where I still live. I found an excellent school, ISDC, Internation Self Defence Center. Lame name for a very amazing school. I started training and went steady for 2 years, gaining my blue belt. Then life got in the way again. Igot married, started going to school for my graduate degree and I needed to take more classes for my CA teaching credential plus had two wonderful sons.

After 5 years off I'm back going twice a week on a regular basis. Two nights a week does not sound like much but I go from 6 to about 9-9:30. Any more and my wife would probably kill me.

At 34 I'm not looking to compete or anything along those lines. I enjoy doing this for the internal reasons. I'm in terrible shape now and I know this will build better health, but more than anything it is a personal challenge. There are plenty of days when I' m leaving working thinking, "I don't want to go to class tonight. I just want got home and do nothing." Yet I've nver regreted getting my ass motivated and going to class.

AikidoBot
12/02/2007 11:05pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Kali11324. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.