PDA

View Full Version : Got an Article Published in this month's Fighter's Only

supercrap
11/17/2007 7:47pm,
I wrote an article mourning the death of Pride and sharing some of my memories.

Anybody in Europe or the UK read the magazine?

I'm pretty chuffed about it.

Extract here:
http://mmabjj.wordpress.com/2007/11/18/got-an-article-published/

Buy the magazine, it's great!

www.fightersonlymag.com (http://www.fightersonlymag.com)

I'll try to mention Bullshido somehow in my next article...

Side note, I've started training judo. Judo is hard.

Phrost
11/17/2007 7:52pm,
Cool.

What does "chuffed" mean?

DAYoung
11/17/2007 7:56pm,
Cool.

What does "chuffed" mean?

A mixture of happy and proud.

And nicely done, Supercrap.

supercrap
11/17/2007 8:04pm,
Thank you. I could feasibly offer you guys the article for the site, after a grace period for people to actually buy the magazine and read it.

fightin Penguin
11/18/2007 2:35am,
Belioeve it or not, my local Borders in Dickson City, Pa actually gets Fighters Only. I don't know why, but it's great that the local Borders gets it.

Odacon
11/18/2007 10:23am,
I buy fighters only regularly, looking forward to seeing your article.

Liffguard
11/18/2007 3:55pm,
I liked that article. In fact I generally like the mini-editorials they do at the beginning of each issue.

MSphinx
11/18/2007 4:50pm,
I see Fighters Only all the time at WHSmith, but I've never picked it up. Will definitely do so this month.

Congratulations, that is good going.

Demon Eyes
11/19/2007 1:41am,
Wow, first I've heard of this magazine. Wish it was sold in the states (more specifically Florida). Hope I'll be able to find the entire article on the web soon.

fightin Penguin
11/19/2007 12:02pm,
Wow, first I've heard of this magazine. Wish it was sold in the states (more specifically Florida). Hope I'll be able to find the entire article on the web soon.

Dude, are you blind? Did you NOT read my post? It IS available in the States. As I mentioned, at the Border's Bookstores in Dickson City, Pa (which is Pennsylvania) they regularly get issues of Fighter's Only, which is a big, glossy British MMA magazine. If they sell it in Dickson City, Pa, I am sure there is somewhere in Florida (more likely Border's or Barnes & Nobles) there are copies of Fighter's only.

And it isn't an American-ized version, the magazines sold in the States are the exact ones sold in the UK.

Jadonblade
11/19/2007 12:54pm,
Grats!, for some odd reason Ive never watched much pride. Probaly because UFC is shown alot more in the UK (bravo ftw). However the last couple of weeks have made me want to check out more of their old stuff, after watching Frank Trigg talk about fedor for 30 mins (fedor highlights and fights).

PsychoMongoose
11/19/2007 4:29pm,
I buy the magazine at Waterloo station and read it on the train on the way home. It's about the only non-geeky magazine I buy! Do sometimes get odd looks from fellow passengers; prolly thinking the suit doesn't match the magazine or something.

I really enjoyed the article btw! Good work!

supercrap
11/21/2007 9:00am,
Excellent! Thanks for the support, thanks for reading. Next one is in the works!