PDA

View Full Version : November is MY karate sucks month, everybody...

Tonuzaba
11/09/2007 12:48pm,
Alright now, quit being bitches and acting like karate is some mythical theoretical occurence - we've all been there at some point, weren't we?
So it's not only "karate sucks" as such, it's also that my and your own karate sucks too.

Admit it. :karated:

Let me light the way.

I'll start this soon-to-become-a-legend thread with photodocumentation of me from my period as fearsome goju ryu warrior. Enjoy:

FickleFingerOfFate
11/09/2007 1:05pm,
Ok, Nice picture of your little sister.

Where's the picture of you?

sempaiman
11/09/2007 1:32pm,

Where's the picture of you?

Yeah, looks like you are wearing a training bra...

Tonuzaba
11/09/2007 2:11pm,

Where's the picture of you? Don't hate me just because you weren't a good looking girl when you were a boy...

I'm a much more sexier female now that my facial hair has developed...

And not only facial, but I will not post pictures of other areas. I am shy.

Tomas Drgon
11/09/2007 3:55pm,
Hey, I have a yellow belt in Goju Ryu!!
Slavia SVST!

Tomas

FickleFingerOfFate
11/09/2007 4:00pm,
Don't hate me just because you weren't a good looking girl when you were a boy...

I'm a much more sexier female now that my facial hair has developed...

And not only facial, but I will not post pictures of other areas. I am shy.

Yes, I have heard hairy women are a turn-on in Slovakia.

Unfortunately, even in Detroit, we hold our women to slightly higher standards,

like, no hair on the upper torso.

Tonuzaba
11/09/2007 4:13pm,
Yes, I have heard hairy women are a turn-on in Slovakia.
Unfortunately, even in Detroit, we hold our women to slightly higher standards,
like, no hair on the upper torso. You will recall this statement quickly.

Humor has got to have limits. :biblethum

Ugly Slovak chicks, that is over the top. A lot.

You wanna wage girl-war? OK:

We do have ugly girls in Slovakia, but they usually come over as tourists from the States.

EmperorCesar
11/09/2007 4:27pm,
To think that a little over a year ago I was a karateka myself. Thank god for BJJ.

Tonuzaba
11/09/2007 4:29pm,
To think that a little over a year ago I was a karateka myself. Thank god for BJJ. Details, for Christ's sake, details! Read the thread-title again, dammit! ;-)

jkdbuck76
11/09/2007 5:02pm,
I had a 2nd dan in TKD (who didn't?).

Since TKD cometh from Shotokan, can TKD suck, too?

Tonuzaba
11/09/2007 5:24pm,
I had a 2nd dan in TKD (who didn't?).

Since TKD cometh from Shotokan, can TKD suck, too?
I didn't, for one.

My only TKD experience is from my early WT days, when I impressed a nice TKD lady by defending her high kicks with my superior WT footwork/principles.

Sad thing about it is, now that I think back, that she wanted to have sexy time with me and I declined because I had a girlfriend hundreds of kilometres away. Wait, I should be proud of my morals, right?

And you just wait in line with your TKD to suck, OK? Your time shall come...

kwoww
11/09/2007 5:54pm,
TKD already sucked last November afaik so I missed it before I ever got here.

Lame.

Feryk
11/09/2007 6:09pm,
Sad thing about it is, now that I think back, that she wanted to have sexy time with me and I declined because I had a girlfriend hundreds of kilometres away. Wait, I should be proud of my morals, right?

Wrong. You should beat yourself up for the rest of your life for missing this opportunity to get something useful out of WT footwork. :new_cussi

Squerlli
11/09/2007 6:59pm,
I never did karate cuz I'm better then all of you fuckers but I did visit a JSKA Shotokan Karate school. Biggest LARP fest EVER!!! (this was a month and a half ago, I check out because my friend Marie goes there)

Lesson starts -

Old Sensei Guy (OSG): Alright we'll just start you off slow, nothing too fancy, just the basics.

For the next hour I'm doing a compliant blocking drill with some chick (like 14 or something, WTF!)

After lesson -
OSG: So what do you think?
Me: Well in all respect... after taking Muay Thai and Brazilian Jujitsu this is all kind of... well... different in a way.
OSG: Well like what?
Me: Well I would never chamber my hands at my waist, simply not to develop the habit of it. Compliant drilling was really boring and kind of time wasting and all in all I didn't even break a sweat... I'm kind of disappointed.
OSG: Well every movement from fighting comes from the forms and stances thats why we do drills so your body develops muscle memory to the technique.
Me: Wouldn't it be better to spar then? Nothing replaces live full force experience.
OSG: Yes but you don't learn technique that way.

Yeah... thats generally it. Chambering your arms? Technique and body circulation b/s (yes, they fail at human anatomy) and also according to them the UFC is made up of a bunch of body builders and bullies that cant fight, just out muscle each other. I saw the previous class do Gi throws (the basic one where you grab by the collar and just hip throw the guy over you) and not a single fucker could bend their knee's. No momentum, just sloppy tumble from the side of the shoulder or hip. Gah I still have a bad taste in my mouth about it. Karate sucks balls.