PDA

View Full Version : Starting MMA?

Kapow!
11/06/2007 2:36pm,
Does one need to know any other martial arts before going to a MMA school? Or could someone just join, and learn the styles (BJJ, muay thai, etc...) once they get there. I have some experience in TKD, but thats about it.

BJJbot
11/06/2007 2:37pm,
Welcome to Bullshido, the best Martial Arts forum on the entire Internet, Kapow!. Seriously, you won't regret your choice to join us. We're a great bunch of folks, except for Hannibal. And Sirc. And TaiGip. And MMA Kid. And... well, you get the point.

Kintanon
11/06/2007 2:43pm,
You don't need any previous experience. It makes it easier if you have a background in wrestling or MT. I've found some small amount of crossover from my TKD into it, but not much. The hardest part will be unlearning any bad habits you got into in TKD really. But jump right in, the gym I train at has tons of guys with no experience of any kind at all.

Lu Tze
11/06/2007 2:43pm,
No, you don't need to know any other MAs, they'll teach you everything you need to know. In fact having little experience in other styles can actually be an advantage, you'll have less bad habits to unlearn.

Good luck with your training and welcome to Bullshido.

Edit: Get the hell out of my head Kintanon!

Kapow!
11/06/2007 2:59pm,
:) thanks a bunch you guys, I appreciate it.