PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on Matt Furey?

Pages : [1] 2

Boogers
10/23/2003 2:36am,
Being an Aussie I have read much about him in MA magazines but know of noone with any personal/2nd hand experience of him. His 'royal suite' stuff has benefitted me but I have noticed some scepticism about his business practices.

Is he really as good trainer as made out?

No axe to grind for me personally, just interested what our friends in the USA have to say.

Djimbe
10/23/2003 3:13am,
Hes a Great Wrestler , with a GREAT Record wich cant be Denied , but NO ONE is as good as he THINKS he is . Nor worth the $ he Charges . Especially since pretty much everythign that he says in his Series you can get for Freee off Internet Fourums .

I hope that the Tapes you got were Bootlegs .

PizDoff
10/23/2003 8:32am,
I think it was Fingermoon? that wrote a review on one of his products. The articles section of the site sees to be a work in progress so I can't seem to find it right now.....

Ronin
10/23/2003 8:45am,
He is NO Erle Montague :)

blankslate
10/24/2003 11:15am,
Whoa Djimbe, why you dissin' your "shoe chow" man? Wasn't he some kind of CMA Shiao Chiao champion or sometthing?

Matt Furey, the first non Chinese shoe chow champion I think he claims to be!

HAPKO3
10/24/2003 11:44am,
Look into TOny Ciccine (sp?). He is definitly the more legit of the two catch gus, and has trained a number of fighters who have done well in MMA. In addition ot that, his claims are more realistic, and prices more reasonable.

Greese
10/24/2003 12:08pm,
This site (http://www.trainforstrength.com) has almost all the exercises fury sells and has them put into better work out programs to boot.

blankslate
10/24/2003 4:11pm,
Hap, thanks. i plan on getting tapes from both of them but definitley heard that Tony is the man. FOM did a video review here somewhere also. I'd like to find out more about shiao chaio though.

I think Catch wrestling would be a great compliment to the MMA game.

blankslate
10/24/2003 4:13pm,
Appreciate it Greese. I think Matt Furey is interesting pushing conditioning....doesn't he look a little 'round' to anyone but me? Maybe its not how you look though...

Djimbe
10/24/2003 5:06pm,
Originally posted by blankslate
Whoa Djimbe, why you dissin' your "shoe chow" man? Wasn't he some kind of CMA Shiao Chiao champion or sometthing?

Matt Furey, the first non Chinese shoe chow champion I think he claims to be!

Blankslate :

Firstly Shuaijiao comps Theyre Kuaijiao Competitions , or "Chinese Fast Wrestling" . They are Missold to the west , much like the terms "Kung Fu" and "San Shou"

Secondly , Having skill does not exempt ANYONE from being A Fukpie . WiltChamberlain was arguably the greatest Basketball player of all time . Did this make him a Great Family Man , or Honest ?

No . It did not .

Thirdly , have you looked at Furey's Record ?

Fourth , Not to discount his Skill (Except as a businessman) He was a LOT Heavier than his Opponent in the Finals . There were no Weight Classes .

Fifth , if you think that Kuaijiao is so "Poor" or "Bad" then look at Cung Le in K-1 . He EMBARASSES MT guys with it . And the guys hes Fighting arent Scrubs .

HAPKO3
10/24/2003 5:46pm,
Djimbe - Chung Le, while a great athlete embarasses K1 guys under ***his*** rules, that they are not used to.

Djimbe
10/24/2003 6:03pm,
Originally posted by HAPKO3
Djimbe - Chung Le, while a great athlete embarasses K1 guys under ***his*** rules, that they are not used to.

Hap , I was actually Referring to/Thinking of his K-1 Bout that I saw not a week ago at the home oif Tigerfly's Nephew & his Wife . It was a K-1 Bout , no "Special" rules .

And MAN was it Embarrassing .

I dont know who He was Fighting , I dont payu too much attention to the Little fellas .

blankslate
10/24/2003 10:32pm,
Thanks D, actually, the more I hear about chia shio the more I want to learn.

blankslate
10/24/2003 10:42pm,
"Fifth , if you think that Kuaijiao is so "Poor" or "Bad" then look at Cung Le in K-1 . He EMBARASSES MT guys with it . And the guys hes Fighting arent Scrubs ."

Oh, and I never intened to dismiss Kuajao...I don't understand how you got that impression. I definitely want to learn more about it. I really respect the fact that Furey was a champion in this art. I just thought you (being a CMA instructor) would also have more respect for the Great Matt furey BECAUSE of his accomplishments in Kuaijiaa.

Djimbe
10/25/2003 1:10am,
Originally posted by blankslate
Oh, and I never intened to dismiss Kuajao...I don't understand how you got that impression.

Umm , your Repeated Referral to it as "shoe chow" , as in , the Dining on of Footwear would be the first Indicator .

I definitely want to learn more about it.

Where do you Live ? If youre Serious Ill see if I can dig you Up a Contact .

I really respect the fact that Furey was a champion in this art. I just thought you (being a CMA instructor) would also have more respect for the Great Matt furey BECAUSE of his accomplishments in Kuaijiaa.

I think that men are Great because of how they live their Lives . Not because of winning any silly Competitions . His Business Practices are Day-To-Day , and like I said , he HYPER Overcharges for **** that you can get for Free . That makes him a Twat , in my book . I know PLENTY of ppl that can Fight their ASSES off that id STILL like to Kick their goulies up through their necks and out their Ears , because theyre just fucking CUNTS , man . Being worthy of Respect as a PERSON has very little to do with one's accomplishments in life , in MY book .

blankslate
10/25/2003 7:49am,
Djimbe, cool, I actually didn't know how to speell it and had a little fun with it. Perhaps Chinese Fast Wrestling (CFW) is easier to type and covers all the ground. I'll PM ya...

Now, accomplishments, I think they can matter...another thread perhaps? You're right though I think an accomplishment can be as simple as teaching a student, raising a child, making your wife happy, etc.

FEAR THE POWER OF MATT FUREY!!! KEEPER OF MONGOLIAN GRAPPLING SECRETS!!!