PDA

View Full Version : Eritrean Headbutting 4 me?

Toby Christensen
10/22/2003 6:53am,
I have had the good fortune to get in contact with a lady who knows some "testamen"- Eritrean headbutters. There are several questions I must ask myself and others regarding this art:

1. I already have a damaged brain and stuffed neck and neuralgic pain and a bad back. On the plus side I have a pretty damn hard head. Should I indulge?

2. Even though I'm quite sure this problem got sorted out milennia ago, would there be co-ordination, depth perception head and neck conditioning exercises I can do for improvement and training?

3. Headbutting is cool! :cool: How long should I train before smacking people in the face with my cranium is a realistic proposition?

The Eritrean woman I spoke to was LOVELY and they seem like my sort of people.

What does everyone else think. I think, assuming I can find someone to train me, I say I should go for it!

SamHarber
10/22/2003 7:06am,
1) and 2) Unsurprisingly, I'm going to say - See your doctor. He'll have a good idea as to what you can/can't do, and what excercises will help out.
3) As for the amount of time you should practice before trying to crack someone with a glasgow kiss, I'd say however long it takes before someone riles you up enough for you to do it. If you're going to do it, then bloody well do it, theres no sodding point getting all introspective about whether you'll pull it off or not.
4) They like YOUR sort of people? Are there enough brain damaged sociopaths out there to classify as a distinct subgroup? Just asking.

Choke
10/22/2003 6:19pm,
A head-butting disicipline from Eritrea... sounds very esoteric!

PizDoff
10/22/2003 8:21pm,
psssssst, Osiris, he's crazy and he will bite you!

Edge
10/22/2003 8:59pm,
Headbutting IS cool! Provided your technique is right and youve had enough time to recover from your trauma.

1. Make sure you keep your eyes open instead of letting the blink reflex happen. That way you can make sure you hit the right spot, esp. target the nose with your forehead (a good inch or two above your eyebrow).
2. Also, keep your chin pointed towards your chest and brace your neck upon contact.

Edge
10/22/2003 9:04pm,
You can do a reverse head butt too.

patfromlogan
10/22/2003 9:22pm,
Head strikes (butting is SO crude) do need practice. Just like the angle of the ankle in front kicks; chin down, chin straight, thrust forward, thrust downward and so forth. It isn't rocket science, but it does take a bit of time to get good at it. It took me six months to get a good left jab and I'd say it wouldn't take that long to get face destroying 'butts' down. We'd form a line and one guy at a time would hold up his hand or pad and everyone would go around in turn smacking it.

MrMcFu
10/22/2003 10:49pm,
Eritrea rules. Since I went there in 99, I have been planning on going back. They are some of the most giving and honest people I have ever met.

Plus the women are incredibly lovely.

Toby Christensen
10/23/2003 10:03am,
Originally posted by SamHarber
[
4) They like YOUR sort of people? Are there enough brain damaged sociopaths out there to classify as a distinct subgroup? Just asking. [/B]

I've said it once before, it needs saying again: I love you SamHarber

LLL
10/23/2003 11:36am,
1. <b>I already have a damaged brain</b> and stuffed neck and neuralgic pain and a bad back. On the plus side I have a pretty damn hard head. Should I indulge?

[...]

3. <b>Headbutting is cool!</b> How long should I train before smacking people in the face with my cranium is a realistic proposition?

Er... Do you really want an answer to this...?

So Testa really exists, that's cool...