PDA

View Full Version : New Here

dag5306
10/10/2007 10:17am,
Very interesting forum here... It makes my day go faster knowing I have some good reading material to go through all day long. I have a couple of quick questions though. So mainly you guys focus on people who give false credentials and schools that have strange ways of doing things right? Can't say that I have stories as of yet, but I wanted to make sure I don't fall into any of these catergories.

See, I've been training MMA for 2 years. I've trained and sparred with many pro and ammy fighters in my area during that time. Done a little ammy muay thai, but I haven't fought MMA yet due to reoccuring injuries. I also have personally trained a couple of ammy MMA fighters to a few wins in the cage. Now I don't give out any false credentials or call myself an "MMA Champion", but my school that I started training at 2 years ago now has me teaching the MMA classes. I still train everyday, been to quite a few seminars and have a good knowledge of stand up, grappling, and conditioning for fighters. I have been successful training other ammy fighters and know what it takes for fighters to be successful but I make sure I tell any prospective student what my true credentials are. So since I haven't fought MMA does this make me Bullshido teacher?

AikidoBot
10/10/2007 10:19am,
Welcome to the Bullshido Forums dag5306... Make sure you review your dojo (http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83) and add it to your user control panel so you can get the http://www.bullshido.net/images/dojoreview1.gif icon in your user info bar in your posts.

Jadonblade
10/10/2007 10:24am,
I wouldnt think so,as long as your honest about it. You dont have to be a good fighter to be a good teacher. All depends on where you are drawing your experiences from. Most people seem to think only people who can kick there ass can teach them something usefull.

dag5306
10/10/2007 11:14am,
So I go to review your dojo create a profile for the school I teach at and I get this icon?