PDA

View Full Version : Chin Na vids page

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 1:53pm,
I know there's about a million threads on Chin Na (or three, as my forum search brought up), but thought there was some quite good vids on this youtube page.

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ToraDojoNJ&p=r

Some of them look a bit complicated to administer full speed unless you've practiced the forms thousands of times at each possible angle to make them second nature, but a few, like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7wK2_6kScY , look quite simple and useful. Also the fella teaching doesn't seem like a twat at all. I also like the little guy lifting up the huge seven foot, 300lb black dude in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npotdGwUPJI , although in real life he'd probably have already crushed his puny head with his bare hands.

Lebell
10/09/2007 2:12pm,
the fat guy on the video teaches unrealistic bullshit, but thanks for making me laugh.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 2:34pm,
So you've tried out the tehniques then? What MA do you study, out of interest?

cyrijl
10/09/2007 2:34pm,
SW,
Are you takin' the piss with this ****?

Lebell
10/09/2007 2:35pm,
So you've tried out all the tehniques then?

I teach this **** asshat, only more realisticly with less talking and more speed and resistance.

The fat guy is amateur at best.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 2:38pm,
Edit: **** it, I can't be arsed

cyrijl
10/09/2007 2:39pm,
No, here comes the 'trains realistically against real punches' trolls.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 2:41pm,
No, here comes the 'trains realistically against real punches' trolls.

Yes, because it's really easy to train techniques that involve breaking peoples limbs at full speed isn't it?

Lebell
10/09/2007 2:48pm,
Yes, because it's really easy to train techniques that involve breaking peoples limbs at full speed isn't it?

I wouldnt know, i never done it, did you?
Did your teacher?

There we go.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 2:49pm,
I wouldnt know, i never done it, did you?
Did your teacher?

There we go.

I thought you said you taught it? Why do you teach something you think is ****?

cyrijl
10/09/2007 2:52pm,
actually...yes it is....please see judo, bjj, boxing, mt

But even better. Try catching a boxer's jab. You just can't do it. The idea of a trapping range is ridicuous. If you trap it is more out of luck than skill and doing 'forms a thousand times' is not going to help you.

Maybe you are just too young or too deluded. But I am pretty sure none of those techniques will work against a resisting opponent trying to hurt you. For police and other LEOs there are other factors which allow them to use common JJJ locks such as a gun and backup as well as the social constructs of police use of force. For the average individual, those deterrents are not available.

As an example the very first technique in the top video. If someone is coming to shove you, they are not ocming to your body and stoppin, they are pushing through you. You do not have to go full speed on the defense, but the attacks are just pitiful and unrealistic.

Lebell
10/09/2007 2:54pm,
I thought you said you taught it? Why do you teach something you think is ****?

I teach grappling/locking and self defense which is what those fat guys tried to do in their video.
So dont try to be clever plz, you're failing really hard as it is already.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 3:01pm,
I teach grappling/locking and self defense which is what those fat guys tried to do in their video.
So dont try to be clever plz, you're failing really hard as it is already.

I'm not trying to be clever.

For all I know those moves might be ****, I don't know. I was perhaps naive to think that people might say what is wrong with the techniques rather than just the usual "what the **** is that **** lol?!!1" comments.

In response to cyrijl, I'm not sure that techniques which break a persons elbow/wrist/fingers are allowed in BJJ/Judo, etc are they? The videos appear to be examples of applications and areas to apply pressure to an attacker, slowed down for the video. It's totally pointless to show techniques like that at full speed because no-one is going to be able to pick it up.

Lebell
10/09/2007 3:03pm,
look if you cant tell whats wrong with the techniques then you're not only a n00b at bullshido but also at martial arts.
please try to look and see if you can spot the bs yourself otherwise ill point some stuff out.

Shadow Warrior
10/09/2007 3:08pm,
Well if I'm clearly a n00b tell me what's wrong with the techniques please instead of assuming I know everything. Y'know, it might make the forum a slightly friendlier place for people to talk about martial arts.

Teh El Macho
10/09/2007 3:09pm,
Yes, because it's really easy to train techniques that involve breaking peoples limbs at full speed isn't it?Judo, SAMBO, BJJ, MFS, Jackson's Gaidojutsu and many other disciplines and systems do techniques that can break limbs at full speed, including:

armbar/juji gatame
knee bar
ankle lock
heel hook
keylock/kimura/ude garami
omoplata
hammer lock
wristlocks
neck crank, twister, or anything that can be labelled as a spinal lock.

Should the list go on?